Good Morning Truckee to present ‘Changing Landscape of Media’
February 24, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — An ever-changing, ever-evolving world gives consumers growing control in how they consume media, news and entertainment.
Digital media, social media and mobile behavior have made news and entertainment a 24/7 operation, while shifting consumer behavior and increased expectations are both a challenge and opportunity for local media.
In "Changing Landscape of Media," Good Morning Truckee's March 11 interactive panel, attendees will learn how media outlets have evolved and what changes are anticipated moving forward. Discuss the media's role within the community; how users contribute to content; and how the outlets balance digital and traditional presence.
Facilitating the panel and providing an overview will be Tanya Canino, journalism instructor at Sierra Nevada College. Canino has long been involved in community media, including a stint as North Lake Tahoe Bonanza editor.
Panelists will include: Michael Gelbman, Sierra Sun and North Lake Tahoe Bonanza; Mayumi Elegado, Moonshine Ink; Katherine Hill, The Weekly; JD Hoss, KTKE 101.5FM Truckee Tahoe Radio; Eric Brandt, Tahoe TV; and Robert Grossman, Lake Tahoe TV News.
Good Morning Truckee is open to the public, held second Tuesday of every month at Truckee Tahoe Airport from 7-8:30 a.m. Price at the door for general public is $12; Truckee Donner Chamber members $10 and includes a continental breakfast and raffle.
Recommended Stories For You
Good Morning Truckee is presented by the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce in partnership with sponsors Tri Counties Bank, The Office BOSS, the Sierra Sun, 101.5FM Truckee Tahoe Radio, Truckee Tahoe Airport District, the town of Truckee, and Chef Ron Allen. Additional sponsorships opportunities are available.
Good Morning Truckee is a community forum to provide timely and relevant information on a variety of topics and create a networking opportunity.
For more information contact the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce at 530-587-8808 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Little progress made in resolving Tahoe’s Cal Neva bankruptcy issues
- Company culture at CustomInk raises the bar for employee perks
- Market Beat: Keep an eye on Federal Reserve policy
- Choice frontage property along Meadowood Mall is filling up in Reno
- Vail Resorts executive leaves for new role at Steamboat Ski Area
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- New company creates a way for skiers to wear snowboard boots with skis
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows invests $4 million into snow safety