Humane Society of Truckee Tahoe opens new shelter
November 8, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Humane Society of Truckee Tahoe partnered with the town of Truckee to open a brand new animal shelter which serves the Truckee and North Lake Tahoe region. The shelter is open for adoptions 40 hours per week: Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at 10961 Stevens Lane in Truckee.
The new shelter is set up to house 60-100 cats and kittens, with 12 available spaces for cat isolation and 12 available spaces for stray cats and kittens.
Additionally the new shelter can house 18-plus dogs and puppies, with 18 dog rooms, which can hold up to two large dogs, three small dogs or entire litters of puppies.
Each animal room is wired with speakers for music specifically designed to reduce stress in animals.
For more information, visit http://www.HSTT.org, follow HSTT on Facebook or call 530-587-5948.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Impending storm prompts closure of Sierra passes
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows invests $4 million into snow safety
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Nevada prison-raised sagebrush seedlings ready to be planted in burned areas
- First snowfall of autumn in Truckee; Squaw Valley receives 3 inches (time lapse cam)