Humane Society of Truckee Tahoe opens new shelter
November 8, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Humane Society of Truckee Tahoe partnered with the town of Truckee to open a brand new animal shelter which serves the Truckee and North Lake Tahoe region. The shelter is open for adoptions 40 hours per week: Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at 10961 Stevens Lane in Truckee.
The new shelter is set up to house 60-100 cats and kittens, with 12 available spaces for cat isolation and 12 available spaces for stray cats and kittens.
Additionally the new shelter can house 18-plus dogs and puppies, with 18 dog rooms, which can hold up to two large dogs, three small dogs or entire litters of puppies.
Each animal room is wired with speakers for music specifically designed to reduce stress in animals.
For more information, visit http://www.HSTT.org, follow HSTT on Facebook or call 530-587-5948.
Trending In: Business
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Tahoe-Truckee Internet speeds continue to lag below federal minimum
- Alebrijes brings fusion of Mexican color, taste to Incline Village
- ‘Snow equity’ from 2015 driving winter bookings across western resorts
- Tahoe Wedding Industry Group forms on North Shore
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements