Humane Society of Truckee Tahoe opens new shelter
November 8, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Humane Society of Truckee Tahoe partnered with the town of Truckee to open a brand new animal shelter which serves the Truckee and North Lake Tahoe region. The shelter is open for adoptions 40 hours per week: Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at 10961 Stevens Lane in Truckee.
The new shelter is set up to house 60-100 cats and kittens, with 12 available spaces for cat isolation and 12 available spaces for stray cats and kittens.
Additionally the new shelter can house 18-plus dogs and puppies, with 18 dog rooms, which can hold up to two large dogs, three small dogs or entire litters of puppies.
Each animal room is wired with speakers for music specifically designed to reduce stress in animals.
For more information, visit http://www.HSTT.org, follow HSTT on Facebook or call 530-587-5948.
Trending In: Business
- Tahoe-Truckee shopping: Holiday gear gift ideas for women
- Truckee-based Coffeebar to open 4th branch at Squaw Valley
- Tahoe casino gaming win dips in October; South Shore down 22 percent
- Tahoe Market Pulse: Looking at the markets, post election
- Alebrijes brings fusion of Mexican color, taste to Incline Village
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- Details unclear after apparent crime at Truckee Bank of America
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell