Lake Tahoe skiing: Boreal Mountain to open Friday, Nov. 18
November 17, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Boreal Mountain Resort, located at Donner Summit off Interstate 80 west of Truckee, announced Wednesday that it will open for the 2016-17 season this Friday, Nov. 18.
In a news release sent to the Sierra Sun Thursday afternoon, it touts being "the first ski resort in Northern California to open for the 2016-17 season."
"Boreal will open to the public on Friday … with skiing and snowboarding beginning at 12:00 p.m.," according to a news release. "Known for its early season operations and conditions, Boreal Mountain Resort will offer skiing and riding access with up to six terrain park features accessed by the Castle Peak Quad chairlift."
Conditions permitting, Boreal Mountain Resort will continue to expand terrain coverage, according to the resort. Check http://www.rideboreal.com/dailyreport for updates.
Elsewhere in the region, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe (located between Reno and North Lake Tahoe in Nevada) also plans to open Nov. 18. Mammoth Mountain, located about 3 hours south of Lake Tahoe, was the first California resort to open on Nov. 10.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Bottled CBD-water company opens distribution office on South Shore
- South Lake Tahoe businesses blame U.S. 50 construction for revenue drop
- Little progress made in resolving Tahoe’s Cal Neva bankruptcy issues
- And the winners are: Best Of North Tahoe & Truckee 2016 results
- Tahoe Job Fair: How to get the gig
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Truckee takes 26-14 win over Spring Creek
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season