Lake Tahoe skiing: Boreal Mountain to open Friday, Nov. 18
November 17, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Boreal Mountain Resort, located at Donner Summit off Interstate 80 west of Truckee, announced Wednesday that it will open for the 2016-17 season this Friday, Nov. 18.
In a news release sent to the Sierra Sun Thursday afternoon, it touts being "the first ski resort in Northern California to open for the 2016-17 season."
"Boreal will open to the public on Friday … with skiing and snowboarding beginning at 12:00 p.m.," according to a news release. "Known for its early season operations and conditions, Boreal Mountain Resort will offer skiing and riding access with up to six terrain park features accessed by the Castle Peak Quad chairlift."
Conditions permitting, Boreal Mountain Resort will continue to expand terrain coverage, according to the resort. Check http://www.rideboreal.com/dailyreport for updates.
Elsewhere in the region, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe (located between Reno and North Lake Tahoe in Nevada) also plans to open Nov. 18. Mammoth Mountain, located about 3 hours south of Lake Tahoe, was the first California resort to open on Nov. 10.
Trending In: Business
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- Tahoe-Truckee businesses impacted by storms may qualify for federal loans
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Social Buzz: A look at projected new-age trends for 2017
- Vail Resorts buys Vermont’s Stowe resort for $50 million
- Lake Tahoe weather: Floriston, Highway 89 areas still may be down until Saturday
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered