Learn how to handle difficult customer in Tahoe Truckee
May 15, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Sierra Human Resources Association will present "Dealing with Difficult Customers, Service Recovery Strategies" on Thursday, May 23, 9 a.m.-noon at the Hampton Inn & Suites, 11951 Highway 267, Truckee in partnership with the North Lake Tahoe and Truckee Donner Chambers of Commerce.
Business plans, promotional and advertising campaigns, sales and marketing initiatives are wasted efforts if poor customer experience is driving people away because they don't get what they want. It costs up to five times more to attract new customers than it does to retain existing customers. In this interactive workshop, guest and customer facing staff will learn to avoid indifference and diffuse tension build up from three stages of increasingly difficult customers using a proven and powerful service recovery formula.
Steer clear of the three most anti-customer words and learn how to manage the unfavorable Yelp, Trip Advisor, or Facebook review.
Get ready for Memorial Day weekend by discovering the answer to the "ultimate question." Register and pay safely online by May 22 at http://www.sierrahra.com. The cost is $29 for SHRA/SHRM members, $39 for Chamber members, $49 for non-members. Volume discounts for four or more from the same company apply. Beverages and snacks will be provided at 8:30 a.m.
For more information call Laura Moriarty of SHRA at 530-573-0224 or Membership Manager Deanna Frumenti of the North Lake Tahoe Chamber/CVB/Resort Association at 530-581-8764 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Patricia Barrett, Membership Manager at Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce at 530- 587-8808.
Workshop speaker Laura Moriarty is the president of Tahoe Training Partners, a nationally known speaker and the architect of innovative learning environments at high profile organizations. Audience evaluations note the rapid development of useful skills, the take-away of practical tools and the frequent participant comment "time well spent."
Sierra HR Association is a community organization that provides HR practitioners, managers and business owners the opportunity to network and discuss management practices and business issues that impact the employment arena. Visit http://www.sierrahra.com to learn more or call Membership Director Christine Hoxsie at One Stop Career Center at 530-265-7093.
Trending In: Business
- Construction workers harder to find in Northern Nevada as need increases
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- Why does the town of Truckee not require business licenses?
- Tahoe-Truckee businesses, nonprofits rebuilding after winter storms
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Former Lake Tahoe commissioner: Maybe new person ‘will have more luck’
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues