Make Truckee-Tahoe meetings part of your plan
August 29, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — The NLT Chamber/CVB/Resort Association Tuesday Morning Breakfast Club will be held Sept. 3, Granlibakken Resort, 7-8:30 a.m. Pick up buffet breakfast upstairs, meeting to be held in the Cedar House Room. The agenda includes the Tahoe Truckee Airport Master Plan with Kevin Smith, general manager Tahoe Truckee Airport District; the future of Northstar California with Bill Rock, vice president and chief operation officer Northstar California Resort; an update on IRONMAN and Autumn Food and Wine with Andy Chapman, chief marketing officer, North Lake Tahoe Chamber/CVB/Resort Association, other stump speeches and announcements; adjourning at 8:30 a.m. sharp.
Tickets are $15 each, cash, credit card, and check payments of $15 per meeting can be made at the door. Funds generated in excess of costs are donated for educational programs and projects. For more information contact Deanna Frumenti, 530-581-8764, Deanna@PureTahoeNorth.com.
The Silicon Mountain Group will welcome Sandra Silva and Michelle Calloway from Total Creative Solutions to present "Augmented Reality — What Is It? How Is it Used?"
Augmented Reality is a term for a camera-enhanced view of a physical real-world technology, where virtual elements are merged with a real-life scene, creating a "mixed reality." Combining Augmented Reality with mobile technology creates an interactive user experience that is as powerful as it is impressive. Sandra Silva and Michelle Calloway developed Total Creative Solutions after working together as the City of Reno in-house graphic design team. Visit http://tcsdesignreno.com/augmented-reality/.
The meeting will be on Monday, Sept. 9, 6-8 p.m. at Pizza on the Hill, in Tahoe Donner at 11509 Northwoods Blvd., Truckee. A $5 fee includes pizza and soft drinks, with discussion before and after. This month's event is co-sponsored by New Leaders and Clear Capital.
Find Silicon Mountain on LinkedIn and Facebook and at TahoeSiliconMountain.com.
GOOD MORNING TRUCKEE
The Sept. 10, Good Morning Truckee will feature Tahoe Truckee Unified School District's (TTUSD) Board of Education President, Kim Szczurek; Superintendent-Chief Learning Officer, Dr. Rob Leri; and new Truckee High School Principal John Carlson, who will speak about the new vision for education and changes taking place in the school district. Tahoe Truckee High School's (TTHS) new Principal John Carlson will address the new leadership team at TTHS and Excellence in Education's Executive Director, Laura Abbey Brown, will give an update on our All-America City Grade-Level Reading initiative.
Good Morning Truckee is open to the public the second Tuesdays at Truckee Tahoe Airport, 7-8:30 a.m. Price is $10; Truckee Donner Chamber members $8 and includes a continental breakfast and raffle. Contact the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce at 530-587-8808 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Business
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Why does the town of Truckee not require business licenses?
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- Tahoe-Truckee businesses impacted by storms may qualify for federal loans
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues