Office BOSS and Truckee Hometown Sears partner to promote shopping locally
September 19, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Charlie Riley, owner of the Truckee Sears Town Store and Jeff Ridgel, owner of The Office BOSS, partnered this summer to reward customers for shopping locally and supporting the Truckee and North Lake Tahoe communities. Qualifying Office BOSS customers were entered in a monthly drawing for a $100 gift card to be used at the Truckee Hometown SEARS.
Office BOSS awarded the first lucky drawing winner Mark Tanner, of Tanner Construction, his $100 prize at the Contractors Association of Truckee Tahoe 15th anniversary party on Aug. 16.
Ridgel commented on the The Office Boss and Truckee Hometown SEARS collaboration at the CATT Party.
"We share a common passion for our community and believe strongly that every dollar spent locally comes back 10-fold. The key to community vitality is the business community — from job creation to support of kid and senior's programs, purchasing from and supporting the local businesses is good for all of us," said Ridgel. "We take pride in providing great products and services at competitive prices."
Charlie Riley, owner of Truckee Hometown SEARS noted the importance of keeping business in the area.
"It is important to promote the mindset of looking in our own backyard for goods and services first and not driving 60 miles round trip to Reno, spending hours of time, and then leaving your money in Nevada," said Riley.
Between the two companies, Ridgel and Riley employee more than 25 people, who are their customers' friends and neighbors.
"We have great stores and companies right here in Truckee that don't require the gas and time on the road driving to shop in Reno does," said Riley.
Before Riley and Riegel awarded Tanner his prize, Riley pointed out that "Karma Works!" Pointing to Tanner as an example someone that shops locally, employees local members of the community, and is well known for donating his time and energy toward worthy community projects.
Ridgel shared they would notify the next lucky winner within a few days.
"Join us in promoting a healthy, community minded view toward your local businesses. Shop local, save time, save money, and create jobs here at home," he said.
Office BOSS customers who spend more than $100 online in September will automatically be entered for the next drawing. Visit http://theofficeboss.com.
Trending In: Business
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Why does the town of Truckee not require business licenses?
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- Tahoe-Truckee businesses impacted by storms may qualify for federal loans
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues