Quality Automotive and Smog owner ‘Rachet and Wrench’ cover shot
November 13, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Quality Automotive and Smog owner ‘Rachet and Wrench’ cover shot It’s not unusual to see a Truckee local on the cover of a magazine for an extreme sport accomplishment. But, how often do you see a national magazine feature a local small business owner?
Auto care industry magazine “Ratchet and Wrench” recently featured Bill Greeno, owner of Quality Automotive and Smog, naming him a leader in the automotive repair industry.
The article highlighted Greeno’s philosophy on operating a successful automotive repair shop by promoting a unified company vision, common goals and employee consensus on how the team can achieve outstanding service at every level. Greeno developed his model for success through years of employee relations and business management. He claims it’s not a unique idea, but it is rare in the automotive repair industry.
Greeno purchased the business in 2009 from a local retiring owner.
“There were more than a few people who said I wouldn’t succeed,” said Greeno. But with a solid vision of where he wanted the business to go, sales at Quality Automotive and Smog have increased by 40 percent.
According to Greeno, the key to success is involving the employees in developing a company vision and the processes to reach their goals. You need to look no further than the wall in the small waiting room to realize this is an employee-activated business. Each employee photo is displayed along with a description of their strengths.
“We have had these on the wall in the back room for over a year, I just decided to bring them out front to share with our customers,” Greeno stated. “I like to empower the team to challenge themselves and others to achieve results.”
Employees not only have learned about their own strengths, they learn how each team member’s attributes work together to achieve the greatest success. A focus on the customer and promoting a fun environment in which to work are also keys to the success of Quality Automotive and Smog.
Congratulations Bill Greeno on being recognized nationally for your local contribution to the Truckee and Lake Tahoe community. Meet the entire staff at http://www.QualityAutomotiveandSmog.com or join them on Facebook for shop news, latest trends and “mountain” maintenance tips.
Trending In: Business
- Death on the slopes: Across West, number of ski fatalities, injuries uncertain with lack of public data or oversight
- Northstar California appoints Nadia Guerriero as new GM
- Truckee-based Squeeze In opens Vegas restaurant; 50 branches eyed by 2020
- Tahoe Market Pulse: What will President Trump mean for the financial industry?
- Truckee-based Coffeebar to open 4th branch at Squaw Valley
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)
- Opinion: Risk of catastrophic fire at Lake Tahoe just got worse
- Whoops! Backhoe accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Evidence heard in April murder of woman near Truckee