Reardon joins Squaw Valley Institute as associate director
November 14, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Matt Reardon, a member of the Squaw Valley community for more than 20 years, recently joined Squaw Valley Institute (SVI) as the associate director.
Reardon possesses a diverse resume with experience as a professional skier, touring musician, producer, and event planner. In his role as associate director, Reardon will work closely with SVI Executive Director Renee Koijane to plan SVI's 2014 programming.
"Squaw Valley is such a unique community with a zeal for active, healthy living, knowledge, world travel and giving back," said Reardon. "With this in consideration, our goal is to provide riveting content that has a pulse on Squaw Valley and the local surrounding communities."
For the past two consecutive years, SVI has implemented approximately one lecture or program each month with the intention of "inspiring uncommon conversations."
Last year's range of speakers included Cheryl Strayed, author of "Wild," Joel Salatin of Polyface Farms and most recently Sir Ken Robinson. Reardon and Koijane are in the process of scheduling a wide-range of speakers for 2014; everything from Silicon Valley executives to inspiring athletes, authors, and experts in their field.
"Matt is very well connected in various fields, given his ski and song-writing career and will add further dimension and unique perspective to our programming," said Koijane. "He will most certainly help build on our steadily increasing momentum."
Recommended Stories For You
Since its inception in 2001, the Squaw Valley Institute works to enhance the quality of life within the unique mountain environment of Squaw Valley, North Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and Incline Village, Nev. Their goal is to bring programming to the Tahoe region that inspires uncommon conversations.
SVI relies on membership support, to become a member or find out more information visit http://www.squawvalleyinstitute.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Bottled CBD-water company opens distribution office on South Shore
- South Lake Tahoe businesses blame U.S. 50 construction for revenue drop
- Little progress made in resolving Tahoe’s Cal Neva bankruptcy issues
- Vail Resorts executive leaves for new role at Steamboat Ski Area
- Company culture at CustomInk raises the bar for employee perks
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)