Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe brews up Blue Bottle Coffee
January 2, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is exclusively offering Blue Bottle Coffee Company’s premium roast coffee at its new wave coffee shop, Café Blue, as well as in The Living Room, In-room Dining and Manzanita.
The introduction marks the first time Blue Bottle Coffee Company has permitted its signature, freshly roasted coffee to be served at a hotel property, and highlights the resort’s commitment to offering locally sourced, sustainable food and drinks.
Baristas at Café Blue have participated in extensive training by Blue Bottle Coffee’s experienced coffee roasters, learning the precise techniques required to prepare and serve only the freshest coffee products at the resort.
Nathaniel Brethold, director of food and beverage at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe said, “Our desire to offer guests a high quality experience aligns with that of Blue Bottle Coffee Company, and we’re pleased to be the first hotel to feature their premium coffee products.”
In addition to Blue Bottle Coffee, Café Blue will offer fresh-pressed juices and fruit smoothies, signature toasted Panini’s and wraps, house-made date granola bars and breakfast pastries in the morning, and classic French-inspired pastries in the afternoon. San Francisco based TCHO chocolate bars are also available for purchase, and are featured in a rich ‘drinking chocolate’ hot beverage as well.
Designed by Brayton Hughes Design Studios, Café Blue’s design features modern mountain décor with chalkboard menu boards and a combination of bar stools, dining counters and casual tables. Café Blue is open on weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. and on weekends from 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., with extended hours planned during the winter season to coincide with the resort’s Chocolate Decadence experience.
Visit http://www.ritzcarlton.com/LakeTahoe for more information.
Trending In: Business
- Reno-Tahoe flooding, snow, road closures hinder transportation industry
- Trio of Tahoe-Truckee ski companies stomping their claim in the Sierra
- Tahoe skiing: 8-13 feet of snow recorded in four days at upper elevations
- Tahoe Market Pulse: Stocks that may be 2017’s best performers
- Nevada’s casino industry turns profit for first time since 2008
- Lake Tahoe weather: Incline officials urge residents to be prepared
- Lake Tahoe weather: First storm wave begins Wednesday; are you prepared?
- Lake Tahoe weather: Are you ready for round three of snow and wind?
- Lake Tahoe weather: 21 inches of snow at Sugar Bowl; chain controls in effect
- Lake Tahoe weather: Schools closed; 6 more feet of snow forecast