Schaffer’s Mill donates more than $150K in 2 years to Tahoe Forest
July 14, 2015
Schaffer's Mill Golf & Lake Club, host and presenting sponsor of the 2015 Gene Upshaw Memorial Golf Classic, is committed to being a vital part of the Truckee/Tahoe community.
As evidence of this support, the Club has contributed more than $150,000 in cash and in-kind donations to support the Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation over the past two years.
"Schaffer's Mill is proud of our local community involvement, and we understand the value the Truckee/Tahoe area adds to our Members' lifestyles," said Schaffer's Mill Managing Partner John Marlin. "I tell everyone, we are gated, not guarded — meaning we want to be a vital, contributing member of the broader community. Our support of the Tahoe Forest Health System is just one part of achieving that goal."
The relationship with the Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation began in 2014 when Schaffer's Mill raised more than $51,000 for the Foundation through proceeds from the HGTV Dream Home tour ticket sales.
Already this year, the community has contributed more than $100,000 to the Foundation through its sponsorship and host-site agreement with the 2015 Gene Upshaw Memorial Golf Classic.
"Shaffer's Mill has been a terrific partner, helping us serve the greater Truckee/Tahoe community," said Martha Simon, Executive Director of the Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation. "They have a true passion for the region and a real desire to benefit the lives of the local residents. We are very fortunate to have a partner such as them."
In addition to these efforts, the Club sets aside 10 days each summer to golf tournaments for various local charities. This summer those tournaments include Southern California Charity Golf Classic, Mikuni Charity Breast Cancer Awareness Mountain Classic and CHP/Placer County Sheriff's Youth in Action Charity Event.
The Schaffer's Mill community features home sites from the $300,000s, Mountain Lodges from the $900,000s and estate homes and luxury cabins from $1.2 million. Open since 2008 and named after the "Father of Truckee," George Schaffer, Schaffer's Mill pays homage to Mr. Schaffer, his ideals and vision.
Schaffer's Mill is owned by New Martis Partners, a Dallas-based real estate development firm specializing in the creation of beautiful, family-oriented communities. The firm's multi-disciplined leaders have more than 75 years of experience behind their vision to create communities with lasting value.
This article was submitted by Schaffer's Mill. For more information, visit http://www.schaffersmill.com.
Trending In: Business
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car
- Truckee ski-snowboard company launches Kickstarter campaign to expand
- And the winners are: Best Of North Tahoe & Truckee 2016 results
- Recreational pot: Douglas County planners vote to outlaw establishments
- Death on the slopes: Across West, number of ski fatalities, injuries uncertain with lack of public data or oversight
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot of snow possible at high elevations Friday
- North Tahoe crime logs: Screwdriver-wielding man threatens retail shop staff
- Truckee Police Logs: 2 arrests in 2 days for meth possession
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top