Squaw Valley’s Andy Wirth appointed chair of Reno airport board
July 15, 2015
OLYMPIC VALLEY, Calif. — The Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority Board has a new look, as three new board members and a new chairman — Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows CEO Andy Wirth — took their seats July 9.
Wirth, appointed by the Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitor’s Authority, was named chair of the nine member board, while Lisa Gianoli, Jenifer Rose,and Jessica Sferrazza were sworn in as new members.
“New people will bring new ideas that can help take our airport to a higher level,” Wirth said in a statement. “We are adding very experienced and talented people who are dedicated to enhancing travel to and from our region.”
According to a news release, Wirth was appointed by the RSCVA Board in 2013. He has extensive experience in international resort management and has worked with various airlines to develop more flights for resorts in Utah, Colorado and Canada.
During his time on the board, he has served as a liaison between Lake Tahoe and the Reno-Sparks region, “while representing an airport that is the Gateway to Lake Tahoe,” according to the news release.
“I am honored to represent the RSCVA and to serve as Chairman of an entity that is vital to our regional economy,” Wirth state. “Enhancing air service is vital to the ski industry, gaming and business community, and I am looking forward to working with a great staff and board to attract more flights to our region.”
Gianoli, appointed by Washoe County, owns a government relations consulting firm and represents local government on legislative issuees and has served for more than a decade as a Financial Analyst and Budget Manager for Washoe County.
Rose, appointed by the city of Reno, is the CEO of It’s My Community Store, a business to business office supply company that provides customers a way to give back to local charities. In addition, Rose is the host of Plush Life, a local television show featuring regional products and events.
Sferrazza, also appointed by the city of Reno, is the founder of a state-wide company, JESSCONVLLC, where she serves as a consultant to various local businesses. From 2000 to 2012, Sferrazza served on the Reno City Council, and is a past City Council liaison to the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority.
Visit renoairport.com/airport-authority to learn more.
Trending In: Business
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Tahoe-Truckee Internet speeds continue to lag below federal minimum
- Alebrijes brings fusion of Mexican color, taste to Incline Village
- ‘Snow equity’ from 2015 driving winter bookings across western resorts
- Tahoe Wedding Industry Group forms on North Shore
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements