Startup Weekend Tahoe set to inspire entrepreneurs
February 19, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — If you’ve ever thought about building on a great idea, starting your own company, or collaborating with a team of like-minded entrepreneurs, consider attending Startup Weekend Tahoe.
StartUp Weekend Tahoe will be held March 7-9, 2014. Startup Weekends bring together developers, designers, marketers and entrepreneurs to share ideas, form teams, build products and launch startups.
“I had a blast down at Startup Weekend Reno and got connected to a great group of entrepreneurs. Tahoe has all the pieces in place to build a really special entrepreneurial community and I think the Startup Weekend Tahoe event will become a foundation for anyone trying to launch something new,” said Ben Stewart, event organizer and co-founder of Live Retention. Live Retention won Startup Weekend Reno.
On Friday night, attendees will pitch their ideas to the group in 60 seconds or less and select the members to form their teams. The rest of the weekend will be spent developing the most popular ideas with the help of mentors and seasoned startup entrepreneurs.
Teams will present their ideas on Sunday in front of a panel of judges.
Startup Weekend’s 54-hour experience dovetails with the surge in collaborative entrepreneurship that is making Truckee a very exciting place to work. From the co-working spaces at The Mill and The Lift, meet-up groups Thrive Tahoe and Silicon Mountain and the influx of dynamic and creative professionals, Startup Weekend is hitting Truckee at the perfect time.
“Startup Weekend connects talented, driven people. It encourages a thriving, vibrant start up culture,” said Nick Harris, event organizer.
Registration is open to anyone who wants to engage in starting a company. If you have an idea you want to pitch and develop, or if you want to help support a great idea by joining a team, register at http://tahoe.startupweekend.org.
Startup Weekend (a nonprofit organization) supports the development and expansion of entrepreneurship through events worldwide that educate aspiring entrepreneurs by immersing them in the process of moving an idea to market.
The Silicon Mountain Group is a network of technology professionals who live and work in the Tahoe-Truckee area, http://www.tahoesiliconmountain.com.
Thrive Tahoe brings together founders, entrepreneurs, developers/designers and investors. It’s a gathering of motivated people tied to supporting each other and furthering the success of start-ups in the region, http://www.thrivetahoe.com.
Live Retention is made to provide real time updates to managers about customer satisfaction, http://www.kach.co.
Trending In: Business
- Tahoe-Truckee shopping: Holiday gear gift ideas for women
- Tahoe casino gaming win dips in October; South Shore down 22 percent
- Truckee-based Squeeze In opens Vegas restaurant; 50 branches eyed by 2020
- Truckee-based Coffeebar to open 4th branch at Squaw Valley
- Alebrijes brings fusion of Mexican color, taste to Incline Village
- Details unclear after apparent crime at Truckee Bank of America
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- Reno real estate: A look back, and a look ahead at the housing market
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain