Tahoe Best in the Basin nominees due by March 28
January 21, 2014
The nomination period is open for the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency’s 24th annual Best in the Basin awards program, which annually recognizes environmentally compatible projects in the Tahoe Basin that stand out as the best designed, planned and implemented.
Projects completed between Oct. 12, 2012 and December 31, 2013, can be nominated for consideration by the judging panel in the spring or early summer of this year, according to a TRPA press release.
This is a new schedule to allow judges to tour project sites in better weather conditions when sites are free of snow and vegetation is established and healthy. Nominations are due by March 28 of this year.
For an entry form and information about last year’s winners, visit http://www.trpa.org/get-involved/best-in-basin/.
Winners will be selected by a panel of local professionals in the fields of architecture, landscaping, planning, engineering and resource management, according to TRPA.
Those who receive awards will be publicly honored by the TRPA Governing Board in the summer of 2014. Photographs and summaries of the projects will be displayed by the TRPA until the following year’s winners are chosen.
Trending In: Business
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Alebrijes brings fusion of Mexican color, taste to Incline Village
- Tahoe-Truckee Internet speeds continue to lag below federal minimum
- Tahoe Wedding Industry Group forms on North Shore
- After 35 years, Wanda’s Flower Shop in Tahoe City has new owner
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens