Tahoe Flow Arts Studio brings play, dance, and yoga to town
September 11, 2013
TAHOE VISTA, Calif. — North Lake Tahoe got a little hipper with the opening of Tahoe Flow Arts Studio. Inspired by play, dance, and yoga, owner Kelly Smiley offers beginner to advanced classes in aerial fabrics, flow arts, and yoga.
"There was an emerging need for this type of community flow space in North Lake Tahoe and Truckee," explained Smiley. "Practicing artistic self expression in a non-competitive space was important to me, and offering classes for all levels to participate and learn promotes engagement and collaboration."
Aerial arts were introduced in the 1990s by popular traveling show Cirque du Soleil, becoming more mainstream in recent years. Combining acrobatics, the artistry of dance, and the exhilaration of height, classes are a great gym alternative, emphasizing core conditioning, technique, grace, and creativity.
Smiley focuses on the caliber of instruction. Within each class, there are layers of structure, safety, and progression. Her thoughtful approach is unparalleled — students leave feeling successful and eager to build on what they have learned.
Flow artistry classes vary from hula hooping, hip-hop, and juggling, where centering the mind and uplifting the spirit is at the forefront of each activity. For those looking to expand their physical, mental, and spiritual practices, Tahoe Flow Arts Studio offers an array of yoga classes, from Hatha and core fusion to Vinyasa flow.
"Circus performance has always intrigued me," said Smiley. "I love running my own studio because I am able to bring those elements to life and connect people of all ages and backgrounds. What better place to do so than in Lake Tahoe?"
Recommended Stories For You
Smiley also performs with Maidens of Movement and Big Top Tahoe, whose appreciation for the wildly flirtatious side of the circus comes alive in a fun, passionate form. Expect to see fire art, choreographed dance, fancy costumes, and magnetic entertainment, leaving audiences captivated and imaginations enlightened. Bookings for festivals and parties are available through the Tahoe Flow Arts Studio website.
Tahoe Flow Arts Studio offers both private and semi-private lessons; fall specials include $99 for one month of unlimited aerial fabrics, aerial conditioning, yoga, dance, and flow arts classes. First time students only. For more information call 530-546-2343 or visit http://www.tahoeflowartsstudio.com.
Tahoe Flow Arts Studio is located at 6921 North Lake Blvd., Ste. 211, in Tahoe Vista.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- It’s begining to look like ski season at Mount Rose
- Little progress made in resolving Tahoe’s Cal Neva bankruptcy issues
- En route to Reno-Sparks: Philly-style soft pretzel franchises
- Choice frontage property along Meadowood Mall is filling up in Reno
- Bottled CBD-water company opens distribution office on South Shore
- Truckee police: Man allegedly drugged victim, raped her
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs
- First snowfall of autumn in Truckee; Squaw Valley receives 3 inches (time lapse cam)
- Impending storm prompts closure of Sierra passes
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (video)