Tahoe Food Hub looking to buy delivery van
October 24, 2013
The Tahoe Food Hub, a local nonprofit committed to bringing fresh, locally sourced food to area restaurants, is raising money to purchase a refrigerated delivery van.
“The Tahoe Food Hub’s mission is to connect local family farms with wholesale markets like restaurants, small grocers and schools throughout North Lake Tahoe communities, including Truckee, Tahoe City, Kings Beach and beyond,” said Susie Sutphin, Tahoe Food Hub’s executive director. “We started with just six restaurants and are up to 20 already.”
Contribution levels are as follows:
• $25: A Tahoe Food Hub bumper sticker.
• $75: A bumper sticker plus a limited edition Big Truck hat.
• $125: All of the above, plus a $25 Hub Club card, good at local restaurants.
• $175: All of the above, plus a full day lift ticket to Squaw Valley.
“We want to make contributing to this important effort a fun way to show your support for local Tahoe culture, so we’ve assembled some great ‘thank you’ gifts for those who contribute,” Sutphin said.
This crowd funding campaign was developed in partnership with the hub’s fiscal sponsor, the Sierra Business Council.
“Sierra Business Council’s mission is to support projects that make our local Sierra communities thrive, so we’re perfectly aligned with what Tahoe Food Hub is building,” says Michael Penwarden, SBC’s communications director. “It will be wonderful to see the Tahoe Food Hub van making its rounds, delivering fresh, healthy food to local restaurants.
“By supporting this effort, community members are helping keep money in our local economies while improving the quality of life in the North Lake Tahoe area. What could be better?”
Trending In: Business
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Tahoe-Truckee Internet speeds continue to lag below federal minimum
- Trio of North Tahoe-Truckee winter job fairs on tap this week, next
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes