Truckee artist and designer Sara Zimmerman recognized by Forbes
March 21, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Unearthed Comics, a webcomic by local artist and designer Sara Zimmerman, had a comic recently used in Forbes.com. Thanks to Kate Harrison, a contributor to Forbes.com, Unearthed Comics had an entrepreneur comic included in an article about entrepreneur cartoons and humor on March 5 at http://www.forbes.com/sites/kateharrison/2013/03/05/cartoon-truths-for-entrepreneurs/. The comic of choice was Sara’s Entrepreneur’s “Brain” comic, which Harrison used to illustrate humor in time management for the self-employed. In addition to being considered to be part of Forbes.com, Sara’s comic was only one of three cartoons used; the other two from some of the cartoon greats, Randy Glasbergen and Mike Baldwin.
Launched in November 2012, Unearthed Comics features Sara’s observations about business and technology, parenting and children, health and food, art and music, sports and outdoors, and more. Sara Zimmerman recently hit her 50th cartoon benchmark for her one-panel cartoons which can be seen at http://UnearthedComics.com or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/UnearthedComics.
Trending In: Business
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Tahoe-Truckee Internet speeds continue to lag below federal minimum
- Trio of North Tahoe-Truckee winter job fairs on tap this week, next
- ‘Snow equity’ from 2015 driving winter bookings across western resorts
- Alebrijes brings fusion of Mexican color, taste to Incline Village
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes