Truckee-based Coffeebar to open 4th branch at Squaw Valley
November 29, 2016
OLYMPIC VALLEY, Calif. — Coffeebar, a full-scale Italian café originally founded in Truckee, will open a branch soon in The Village at Squaw Valley.
Featuring espresso, coffee, fresh baked pastries, panini sandwiches, beer and wine, Coffeebar will be open daily in the morning through the late evening with a farm-to-table menu and a professional coffee program serving the highest-grade coffee available, known as “C1.”
The Coffeebar team is working toward a pre-Christmas 2016 opening.
“Having grown up at a ski area, nothing makes me happier than to combine my two loves, skiing and coffee,” said Greg Buchheister, founder and CEO of Coffeebar. “We have been working with Andy (Wirth) and his team at Squaw Valley over the past few years to find the perfect location in the Village — I have no doubts that this will be one of the best coffee and après ski spots in the country.
Coffeebar Squaw Valley is being designed in collaboration with local artists from Roundwood Furniture, Mountain Forge and Root of Design Electric.
The interior will feature forged steel, light fixtures made from recycled materials and reclaimed wood from Lake Tahoe’s old boats and houses, repurposed into modern functional art.
“Greg Buchheister has developed what can only be considered one of the coolest and highest quality brands in the competitive world of West Coast coffee and cafés,” said Andy Wirth, president and CEO of Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows. “Their commitment to quality is demonstrated by their use of ‘C1’ level coffee, which is quite literally the highest quality of coffee one can find, and they are known for creating comfortable and creative epicenters for the community.”
Coffeebar Squaw Valley will be the fourth local Coffeebar establishment, joining two locations in Truckee — the original is at 10120 Jibboom St. — and one in Reno.
This article was provided by Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows. Visit squawalpine.com or coffeebar.com for more information.
Trending In: Business
- Tahoe-Truckee shopping: Holiday gear gift ideas for women
- Truckee-based Coffeebar to open 4th branch at Squaw Valley
- Tahoe Market Pulse: Looking at the markets, post election
- Tahoe casino gaming win dips in October; South Shore down 22 percent
- Alebrijes brings fusion of Mexican color, taste to Incline Village
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell
- Restoration group forms to improve Lake Tahoe’s West Shore