Truckee business talk focused on Millenial, Gen Z populations
October 18, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Sierra Human Resources Association is presenting “Millennials Rising — Gen Z on Deck” on Tuesday, Oct. 25, from 8:30 to 10 a.m. at Truckee Tahoe Airport
According to a news release, the presentation will explore generational differences and allow attendees to hear good news regarding upward mobility for the Gen Z and Millennial populations.
“As the first digital generation, Millennials are known for being entrepreneurial, tech savvy, collaborative multitaskers — but Generation Z is the first generation of mobile technology, raised in the era of smartphones,” according to the SHRA. “Many do not remember a time before social media.”
Gen Z folks take multi-tasking to a new level — “think 5 screens at once, instead of 2 screens, like Millennials,” according to SHRA.
The speaker for the Oct. 25 event at the airport is Laura Moriarty, a nationally known corporate trainer and president of Tahoe Training Partners. Ticket prices to attend vary, and seating is limited.
SHRA is a community organization founded in Truckee that provides HR practitioners, managers and business owners the opportunity to network and discuss management practices and business issues that impact the employment arena. Visit sierrahra.org to learn more.
Trending In: Business
- Tahoe-Truckee shopping: Holiday gear gift ideas for women
- Tahoe casino gaming win dips in October; South Shore down 22 percent
- Truckee-based Squeeze In opens Vegas restaurant; 50 branches eyed by 2020
- Truckee-based Coffeebar to open 4th branch at Squaw Valley
- Alebrijes brings fusion of Mexican color, taste to Incline Village
- Details unclear after apparent crime at Truckee Bank of America
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- Reno real estate: A look back, and a look ahead at the housing market
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain