Truckee business talk focused on Millenial, Gen Z populations
October 18, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Sierra Human Resources Association is presenting "Millennials Rising — Gen Z on Deck" on Tuesday, Oct. 25, from 8:30 to 10 a.m. at Truckee Tahoe Airport
According to a news release, the presentation will explore generational differences and allow attendees to hear good news regarding upward mobility for the Gen Z and Millennial populations.
"As the first digital generation, Millennials are known for being entrepreneurial, tech savvy, collaborative multitaskers — but Generation Z is the first generation of mobile technology, raised in the era of smartphones," according to the SHRA. "Many do not remember a time before social media."
Gen Z folks take multi-tasking to a new level — "think 5 screens at once, instead of 2 screens, like Millennials," according to SHRA.
The speaker for the Oct. 25 event at the airport is Laura Moriarty, a nationally known corporate trainer and president of Tahoe Training Partners. Ticket prices to attend vary, and seating is limited.
SHRA is a community organization founded in Truckee that provides HR practitioners, managers and business owners the opportunity to network and discuss management practices and business issues that impact the employment arena. Visit sierrahra.org to learn more.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Bottled CBD-water company opens distribution office on South Shore
- South Lake Tahoe businesses blame U.S. 50 construction for revenue drop
- Little progress made in resolving Tahoe’s Cal Neva bankruptcy issues
- And the winners are: Best Of North Tahoe & Truckee 2016 results
- Tahoe Job Fair: How to get the gig
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Truckee takes 26-14 win over Spring Creek
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season