Truckee chef nominated for major ‘Food & Wine’ award
March 19, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Jacob Burton, executive chef of Stella and The Cedar House Sport Hotel in Truckee, has been nominated for The People's Best New Chef award by FOOD & WINE. Restaurant devotees and the voting public will determine the winner through an online vote that lasts through 2 p.m. on March 18.
"The Cedar House has become a hub for culinary adventures within Tahoe Truckee's mushrooming foodie scene. We're so enthused that Food & Wine has recognized chef Jacob's incredible talent, creativity and professionalism," said Patty Baird, owner of The Cedar House Sport Hotel and Stella.
Featuring unique meals and an open kitchen, Stella also boasts StellaCulinary.com, an incredibly active and free online culinary school produced by Burton.
Burton graduated from the California Culinary Academy and worked in fine dining restaurants in San Francisco and the North Tahoe region before joining Stella in March 2010. He is passionate about creating memorable dishes and sharing his knowledge.
"I was lucky enough to realize my dream of living and working in Tahoe after graduating from culinary school and working in fine dining in San Francisco," shares chef Jacob Burton. "I'm honored to be nominated for The People's Best New Chef award."
Learn more about Burton at https://www.stellaculinary.com/chef-jacob-burton.
FOOD & WINE encourages dining and food enthusiasts to vote for The People's Best New Chef, an award that honors talented up-and-coming innovators who have run their own kitchens for five or fewer years. Visit http://www.foodandwine.com/the-peoples-bnc to vote for Burton. More information is provided at http://www.foodandwine.com/peoples-best-new-chef/california.
The award is an extension of the FOOD & WINE Best New Chefs program. The field of 100 nominees for The People's Best New Chef award includes 10 chefs in 10 regions across America. The chef with the most votes in each region will be named a finalist and the finalist with the most votes overall will be named The People's Best New Chef. The People's Best New Chef finalists and winner will be revealed on March 19 online at http://www.foodandwine.com. The winner will be featured in the July 2013 issue of FOOD & WINE.
"Over the past two years we have seen an overwhelming enthusiasm from loyal followers campaigning for their favorite chefs to become The People's Best New Chef," said Food & Wine editor in chief Dana Cowin. "I am ecstatic to continue this program and see these chefs receive this much deserved recognition from their patrons."
Opened in 2009, Stella is the avant-garde restaurant located steps from the main entrance of the award-winning Cedar House Sport Hotel in Truckee (10918 Brockway Road). Visit http://www.stella.cedarhousesporthotel.com to view this week's menu. Reservations can be made online or by calling 530-582-5655.
Trending In: Business
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Why does the town of Truckee not require business licenses?
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Tahoe skiing: 8-13 feet of snow recorded in four days at upper elevations
- Tahoe-Truckee businesses, nonprofits rebuilding after winter storms
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie