Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce welcomes Patricia Barrett to staff
April 11, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce Patricia Barrett has joined the team as the new membership manager. Barrett brings strong human resources and management experience in the hospitality and healthcare fields to the position.
Raised in South Lake Tahoe, Barrett first moved to Truckee in 1994. Barrett made Truckee her home until a job opportunity in the St. Charles Health System drew her to Bend, Ore. Although Barrett's work as the manager of administration and recruiting was rewarding, she found herself missing Truckee and its sense of community.
When a chance to work at the very heart of Truckee's business community came up, Barrett jumped at the opportunity to work with the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce team."I was drawn back to Truckee by the people that make up this community. While I was away I learned to appreciate the authenticity, optimism, and resilient nature of those who live here", said Barrett.
As the membership manager, Barrett will oversee member recruitment and retention. She will also supervise and develop member services.
"Patricia brings a wealth of talent to the Chamber and has so much to offer. It is a win-win for the Chamber and our members to have her on the team, and for Patricia to be back as part of the community she loves," said Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce President/CEO Lynn Saunders. Barrett is grateful for the professional opportunity to meet Chamber members and reengage with the Truckee community. She is looking forward to supporting Chamber members while creating a stronger business community and is equally excited to enjoy the outdoor beauty of Truckee's mountains and lakes. Look for Barrett's smiling face at Truckee Chamber and community events.
Truckee is located 40 miles from the Reno-Tahoe International Airport, two hours from Sacramento, and three hours from San Francisco with easy access off Interstate 80. Contact the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce at 530-587-2757 or visit http://www.truckee.com for more information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- South Lake Tahoe businesses blame U.S. 50 construction for revenue drop
- Little progress made in resolving Tahoe’s Cal Neva bankruptcy issues
- Bottled CBD-water company opens distribution office on South Shore
- Vail Resorts executive leaves for new role at Steamboat Ski Area
- Company culture at CustomInk raises the bar for employee perks
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)