Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce welcomes Patricia Barrett to staff
April 11, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce Patricia Barrett has joined the team as the new membership manager. Barrett brings strong human resources and management experience in the hospitality and healthcare fields to the position.
Raised in South Lake Tahoe, Barrett first moved to Truckee in 1994. Barrett made Truckee her home until a job opportunity in the St. Charles Health System drew her to Bend, Ore. Although Barrett’s work as the manager of administration and recruiting was rewarding, she found herself missing Truckee and its sense of community.
When a chance to work at the very heart of Truckee’s business community came up, Barrett jumped at the opportunity to work with the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce team.“I was drawn back to Truckee by the people that make up this community. While I was away I learned to appreciate the authenticity, optimism, and resilient nature of those who live here”, said Barrett.
As the membership manager, Barrett will oversee member recruitment and retention. She will also supervise and develop member services.
“Patricia brings a wealth of talent to the Chamber and has so much to offer. It is a win-win for the Chamber and our members to have her on the team, and for Patricia to be back as part of the community she loves,” said Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce President/CEO Lynn Saunders. Barrett is grateful for the professional opportunity to meet Chamber members and reengage with the Truckee community. She is looking forward to supporting Chamber members while creating a stronger business community and is equally excited to enjoy the outdoor beauty of Truckee’s mountains and lakes. Look for Barrett’s smiling face at Truckee Chamber and community events.
Truckee is located 40 miles from the Reno-Tahoe International Airport, two hours from Sacramento, and three hours from San Francisco with easy access off Interstate 80. Contact the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce at 530-587-2757 or visit http://www.truckee.com for more information.
Trending In: Business
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Tahoe-Truckee Internet speeds continue to lag below federal minimum
- Trio of North Tahoe-Truckee winter job fairs on tap this week, next
- ‘Snow equity’ from 2015 driving winter bookings across western resorts
- Alebrijes brings fusion of Mexican color, taste to Incline Village
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes