Truckee Sports Exchange under new ownership
December 26, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Sports Exchange, a fixture of Truckee's West River Street landscape, was recently sold to longtime manager Rob Cavallo.
Cavallo has played a key role in the growth of Truckee Sports Exchange over the past eight years as an employee and manager. He has spearheaded many significant improvements to provide locals and visitors with the best possible shopping experience in the Truckee-Tahoe area.
Cavallo and his wife began dreaming about buying the business several years ago. "We always talked about how great it would be to own a business together, especially a business that is based on sports that we are both passionate about," said Cavallo. Earlier this year the couple teamed up with business partner Brian Murphy and approached the previous owner Brent Cutler to make their dream a reality.
A California native and self-proclaimed ex ski-bum, Cavallo grew up skiing on the Squaw Valley freestyle team and attended the University of Nevada Reno so he could be close to Tahoe's mountains.
Cavallo is thrilled to take the helm of a business that has been a part of the community for more than 20 years.
"I am excited about this next chapter for the Sports Exchange. I love working in the Truckee- Tahoe community and in the ski industry. I honestly feel so lucky to have this opportunity and I am ready to take the shop to the next level," said Cavallo. Cavallo's business partner Brian Murphy also has years of experience working in the ski industry, both locally and in Colorado.
The new owners and the entire Sports Exchange staff are looking forward to hosting a grand re-opening event to celebrate the milestone in the near future: the date for the event will be announced after the holidays.
The Truckee Sports Exchange specializes in new and used sales, rentals and servicing of sporting equipment for mountain sports including alpine skiing, telemark skiing, rock climbing, cross-country skiing, backcountry touring, camping, kayaking and stand up paddle boarding.
The Truckee Sports Exchange is home to a newly renovated and state-of-the-art tuning shop, featuring Wintersteiger tuning equipment and certified technicians. The knowledgeable staff is proud to outfit Truckee's locals and visitors for all of their outdoor adventures.
Located at 10095 West River Street, the store is also home to an indoor bouldering gym, Cyclepaths, and Tahoe Mountain Guides.
For additional information please visit http://www.truckeesportsexchange.com or call 530-582-4510.
Trending In: Business
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Why does the town of Truckee not require business licenses?
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Tahoe-Truckee businesses, nonprofits rebuilding after winter storms
- Social Buzz: A look at projected new-age trends for 2017
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues