Truckee-Tahoe’s startup business scene focus of March 8 meeting
March 1, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Tuesday, March 8, Good Morning Truckee meeting provide insights into the growing Truckee startup business scene, with a focus on the tech community.
Jameson Stafford, CEO/Founder of Elevate Blue; Andy Scott, CEO at 1bios; and Johannes Zigler, CEO and founder of Miaplaza Inc. and founder of Tahoe Silicon Mountain will present, according to the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce.
"Bringing together a talented group of investors, advisers and co-founders, Elevate Blue is the first true venture builder/tech accelerator on the north shore of Lake Tahoe," according to the chamber. "They invest heavily in entrepreneurs and engineers, creating a highly unique tech scene high up in the Sierra … but with incredibly close proximity to Silicon Valley."
Scott has helped build numerous successful digital companies, including those that have been acquired by Disney and Microsoft.
His startup, 1bios, is a digital health platform that helps payers and providers easily offer apps that engage, analyze, and support the best health of their covered populations.
Miaplaza Inc. focuses on growing innovative learning games sites and iOS-based apps for kids grades k-8.
In 2010, Zigler started Tahoe Silicon Mountain, a networking group that brings Silicon Valley-types together for monthly events and meetings.
Good Morning Truckee meetings are open to the public. They are held the second Tuesday of every month at Truckee Tahoe Airport from 7 to 8:30 a.m.
Price at the door for general public is $12; Truckee Donner Chamber members pay $10, and it includes continental breakfast and raffle.
For more information, contact the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce at 530-587-8808 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit TruckeeChamber.com to learn more.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Little progress made in resolving Tahoe’s Cal Neva bankruptcy issues
- Mining equipment suppliers seeing growth
- A look at the economic impact of the Nevada mining industry
- And the winners are: Best Of North Tahoe & Truckee 2016 results
- Feast of snow runoff has yet to give rafting companies boost in business on Truckee River
- UPDATE: 45,724-acre Mariposa County fire pushes smoke into Tahoe Basin
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Rafting operations sidelined on Truckee River
- UPDATE: Missing teen last seen at Lake Tahoe beach found safe
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks