Umpqua Bank launches ‘The Good Project’
October 3, 2013
TAHOE, Calif. — Umpqua Bank, a subsidiary of Umpqua Holdings Corporation, is launching “The Good Project,” a month-long campaign in-stores and on Facebook created to inspire customers and communities to join the company in giving back through simple good deeds.
“Giving back to the communities we serve is an essential part of Umpqua’s culture of service and commitment to being a community bank,” said Eve Callahan, Umpqua Bank’s senior vice president of corporate communications. “The Good Project is an opportunity for us to join with our customers and communities to make a significant and positive difference. We look forward to seeing how people choose to give back — and to watching Umpqua’s Good Deed Fund grow.”
Throughout October, Umpqua Bank invites community members to pledge to do a good deed, from dropping off a bag of food, to mowing a neighbor’s lawn or volunteering at a local nonprofit. For every Good Deed pledged in an Umpqua store or through the company’s Facebook page, Umpqua will add a $10 donation — up to $50,000 — to its Good Deed Fund.
In November Umpqua will invite the community to help decide which nonprofit groups and schools should be a Good Deed Fund beneficiary.
As part of “The Good Project,” Umpqua is also launching its inaugural Community Good Deed Awards to recognize individuals making a meaningful difference in their communities.
Anyone may nominate a candidate through Umpqua’s Facebook page through Oct. 14. Twelve finalists will be announced on Oct. 16. Four winners, one in each of the states Umpqua operates — Oregon, Washington, California and Nevada — will each receive a $5,000 grant for the organization of their choice. The official nomination rules and submission form may be found at facebook.com/umpquabank.
ABOUT UMPQUA BANK
Umpqua Bank, headquartered in Roseburg, Ore., is a subsidiary of Umpqua Holdings Corporation with locations between California’s Central Coast and the Puget Sound, along the Oregon and Northern California Coast, and in Central Oregon and Northern Nevada. Umpqua Bank has been recognized for its innovative customer experience and banking strategy by national publications including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, BusinessWeek, Fast Company and CNBC. The company has been recognized for the past seven years in a row on FORTUNE magazine’s list of the country’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.” For more information visit http://www.umpquabank.com.
Trending In: Business
- Truckee-based Coffeebar to open 4th branch at Squaw Valley
- Tahoe-Truckee shopping: Holiday gear gift ideas for women
- Tahoe Market Pulse: Looking at the markets, post election
- Raley’s grocery store planned for Truckee; ‘this location is just perfect’
- Tahoe Market Pulse: Be part of the solution, not the problem
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- After fatal accidents, Tahoe runaway truck ramp project is complete
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell
- Squaw Valley issues statement on upper mountain water quality
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses