Suspected Kings Beach bank robber arrested
May 19, 2014
A Carson City man suspected of robbing a Kings Beach bank and leading law enforcement officials on a chase Friday is under arrest, according to Nevada Highway Patrol.
Officials say 55-year-old Brent Muir armed with a handgun robbed Plumas Bank for an undisclosed amount of money around 8:30 a.m. Friday before fleeing the scene in a tan 2008 Chevrolet Impala.
Federal law enforcement spotted Muir at Sand Harbor and requested NHP initiate a traffic stop on the vehicle. Douglas County Sheriff's Office and the Carson City Sheriff's Office assisted, with Muir eluding all agencies.
Muir led officers on a pursuit through parts of south Carson City, where he jumped out of the vehicle and fled on foot. After a short foot pursuit, he was apprehended by Douglas County Sheriff officials, with NHP taking custody of Muir.
A search of the car turned up a weapon and money.
Muir was arrested for eluding and reckless driving and driving without a valid driver's license.
Robbery charges are pending further investigation from the FBI and Placer County Sheriff's Office.
Anyone with additional information should contact the NHP Dispatch Center at 775-687-0400.
Trending In: Crime
- North Tahoe crime logs: Suspects hurl racial remarks at KB Uber driver
- Truckee Police logs: Police make six alcohol-related arrests in six days
- Evidence heard in April murder of woman near Truckee
- Truckee Police Logs: Motorist drives on train tracks, gets stuck in snow
- Close to 100 South Tahoe tires punctured by ninja star-like devices
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Explore Tahoe: Shake up party plans, drink some wine and try your hand at painting