Suspected Kings Beach bank robber arrested
May 19, 2014
A Carson City man suspected of robbing a Kings Beach bank and leading law enforcement officials on a chase Friday is under arrest, according to Nevada Highway Patrol.
Officials say 55-year-old Brent Muir armed with a handgun robbed Plumas Bank for an undisclosed amount of money around 8:30 a.m. Friday before fleeing the scene in a tan 2008 Chevrolet Impala.
Federal law enforcement spotted Muir at Sand Harbor and requested NHP initiate a traffic stop on the vehicle. Douglas County Sheriff’s Office and the Carson City Sheriff’s Office assisted, with Muir eluding all agencies.
Muir led officers on a pursuit through parts of south Carson City, where he jumped out of the vehicle and fled on foot. After a short foot pursuit, he was apprehended by Douglas County Sheriff officials, with NHP taking custody of Muir.
A search of the car turned up a weapon and money.
Muir was arrested for eluding and reckless driving and driving without a valid driver’s license.
Robbery charges are pending further investigation from the FBI and Placer County Sheriff’s Office.
Anyone with additional information should contact the NHP Dispatch Center at 775-687-0400.
Trending In: Crime
- Truckee police: Suspect strikes man, drives with him on hood
- Incline Village crime logs: Several warrant arrests in past week
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- District Attorney: Deadly Truckee assault an immature, ‘senseless crime’
- Lake Tahoe weather: Are you ready for round three of snow and wind?
- Lake Tahoe weather: First storm wave begins Wednesday; are you prepared?
- Lake Tahoe weather: Incline officials urge residents to be prepared
- Lake Tahoe weather: 21 inches of snow at Sugar Bowl; chain controls in effect
- Lake Tahoe weather: What to know about storm updates on social media