Suspected Kings Beach bank robber arrested
May 19, 2014
A Carson City man suspected of robbing a Kings Beach bank and leading law enforcement officials on a chase Friday is under arrest, according to Nevada Highway Patrol.
Officials say 55-year-old Brent Muir armed with a handgun robbed Plumas Bank for an undisclosed amount of money around 8:30 a.m. Friday before fleeing the scene in a tan 2008 Chevrolet Impala.
Federal law enforcement spotted Muir at Sand Harbor and requested NHP initiate a traffic stop on the vehicle. Douglas County Sheriff’s Office and the Carson City Sheriff’s Office assisted, with Muir eluding all agencies.
Muir led officers on a pursuit through parts of south Carson City, where he jumped out of the vehicle and fled on foot. After a short foot pursuit, he was apprehended by Douglas County Sheriff officials, with NHP taking custody of Muir.
A search of the car turned up a weapon and money.
Muir was arrested for eluding and reckless driving and driving without a valid driver’s license.
Robbery charges are pending further investigation from the FBI and Placer County Sheriff’s Office.
Anyone with additional information should contact the NHP Dispatch Center at 775-687-0400.
Trending In: Crime
- Truckee Police Logs: Motorist drives on train tracks, gets stuck in snow
- Tahoe woman gets jail for DUI (her fourth) with children in car
- Once again, vehicle burglaries in Washoe County are on the rise
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Incline Village crime logs: Narcotics arrest made in Crystal Bay
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists