Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
December 1, 2016
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for Nov. 15-20.
The press log is published online by the TPD; in cases where no location is reported, it's due to none being provided by the department, per the logs online.
People arrested are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
Visit townoftruckee.com/departments/police/press-log to read the full press log for case numbers and other information.
At 9:21 p.m. on Donner Pass Road, an unknown suspect threw a rock through the passenger side window of a vehicle. Report taken.
Recommended Stories For You
At 10:27 a.m. on Donner Pass Road, officers took a report of petty theft from a business.
At 7:23 a.m. on Archery View, officers responded to a report of an unconscious male who fire personnel determined was deceased.
At 9 a.m. on Donner Pass Road, a subject reported losing an expensive watch.
At 11:12 a.m., a Stoneridge Drive resident reported that unauthorized charges on the victim's credit card were made by a known suspect. The charges were made in South Lake Tahoe, and victim is following up with respective agency.
At 11:27 a.m. on Northwoods Boulevard, officers responded to a non-injury, vehicle-versus-fire hydrant crash.
At 5:56 p.m. on Donner Pass Road, an unknown male suspect entered a store during business hours and shoplifted a jacket and a pair of sunglasses. The theft was captured on video surveillance; suspect left the story before he could be detained.
At 6:58 p.m. on Royal Way, a female adult called requesting assistance with her adult daughter who had been drinking and was causing a physical disturbance. Daughter was arrested for battery.
At 11:03 a.m., an unknown suspect spray-painted a victim's truck some time overnight.
At 12:52 p.m. on Donner Pass Road, a reported was filed for a found wallet.
At 3:36 a.m., a subject was contacted and found to have multiple out of county warrants for his arrest. So, he was arrested.
At 8:20 p.m. on Donner Pass Road,subjected were seen spray-painting a business and a town plaque. During the investigation, one of the subjects assaulted an officers. Both subjects were arrested.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Authorities seek help in identifying Incline Village burglary suspects
- Nevada County Sheriff’s Office Blotter: Caller shocked about stingray display at fair
- Truckee man indicted for $1.7 million investment scheme
- Former Truckee officer charged with multiple counts of assault
- Severed head, hands of Virgin Mary statue marks latest Tahoe church crime
- Squaw Valley Ski Holdings appeals Cal-OSHA citations in death of ski patroller
- Housing crisis hits deep: Nevada County family struggles to find a place to live
- Sierra Meat & Seafood of Reno offers fresh, sustainable products
- Truckee councilors to address future of town’s marijuana policy
- Small wildfire causes traffic delays on Interstate 80 east of Hirschdale