Truckee Police Logs, March 24-April 2
June 5, 2014
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for March 24-31.
EDITOR'S NOTE: After a month-long hiatus, we are picking up publishing Truckee Police Logs where we left off. We will publish new ones as space is available.
• Officers took a report of vandalism to a motor vehicle. There is no suspect at this time.
• An unknown suspect took victim's license plate off his vehicle without the knowledge or consent of the victim.
• Officers took a report for a lost passport.
• Juvenile told parents that a man grabbed her arm during her dance class. Informational report was taken.
• Reporting party reported her daughter as a voluntary missing person.
• Victim reported losing his passport after returning from a trip out of the country last year and would like a report for informational purposes.
• Semi truck collided with light stand while exiting the freeway.
• Officers responded to a report of a domestic violence on Red Fir Road. An investigation determined no domestic violence had occurred.
• Truckee resident reported vandalism and requested a report to be generated to document this incident.
• Reporting party stated an unknown person broke into home on Glacier View Drive. Nothing was stolen, but the heater was turned up, creating high heating bill.
• Husband and wife were involved in a verbal dispute on West River Street. Female neighbor interjected, which resulted in a battery.
• Reporting party called the front office with a traffic complaint that is ongoing. Cars were reported constantly speeding along Estate Drive in and out of complex.
• Boyfriend and girlfriend had a verbal argument and agreed to separate for the night.
• A juvenile was handing out fake US currency to kids on Whitehorse Road. The juvenile was contacted; after an investigation, over $2,500 in counterfeit currency was confiscated and multiple charges were forwarded to juvenile probation including manufacturing and possession of counterfeit currency.
• Vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violations and the driver was arrested for DUI.
• Officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for a minor vehicle code violation. An investigation resulted in the driver being arrested for suspicion of DUI alcohol.
• Juvenile was found to be in possession of marijuana on Solvang Way. The juvenile was released to parents.
• Officer founded a bag of narcotics in a wooded area.
• Son reported his father missing.
• Officers arrested suspect for being under the influence of a controlled substance.
• Officers responded to a report of a disturbance between a woman and a man on Heather Road. An investigation revealed the man to be under the influence of a controlled substance and the women to be in possession of methamphetamine. Both subjects were arrested.
• Driver was involved in a collision and was found to be DUI. The driver was arrested.
• Subject was reportedly yelling at customers of Safeway. The subject was very intoxicated with no way to care for himself and was arrested.
• A cashier at a gas station on Donner Pass Road was given a counterfeit $100 bill. The cashier took down the license plate of the suspect`s vehicle. The vehicle was located and a traffic stop resulted in the recovery of additional $1,200 of counterfeit money. Report was forwarded to the District Attorney`s Office and the US Secret Service.
• A drunken man was yelling and pounding on his ex-wife`s door on Martis Valley Road. He was contacted and arrested for being drunk in public.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violations and the driver was arrested for DUI.
• Officers took a report of hit and run vehicle collision with property damage on Northwoods Boulevard.
• Reporting party received harassing phone calls and text messages from suspect who assaulted her. The reporting party was advised to seek a restraining order.
• Reporting party reported being contacted by social media from a known subject whom she has a valid restraining order. The reporting party requested a report to be generated to document this incident.
• A vehicle mechanic reported possible tampering of an employee vehicle.
• Reporting party reported a prescription medication was missing following a series of real estate shows at the residence on Whitehorse Road.
• After the fact, over counter report was taken for a traffic accident on Waters Way.
• Officers responded to a vehicle parked on private property that had been involved in accident. The driver was found to be under the influence of alcohol and was arrested.