Truckee Police Logs: Motorist drives on train tracks, gets stuck in snow
February 16, 2017
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for Jan. 24 to Feb. 3
The press log is published online by the TPD; in cases where no location is reported, it's due to none being provided by the department, per the logs online.
People arrested are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
Visit http://www.townoftruckee.com/government/police/press-log to read the full press log for case numbers and other information.
11:25 am: Vehicle towed for obstructing snow removal.
1:18 pm, Donner Pass Road: Vehicle towed for obstructing snow removal.
9:19 am, Donner Pass Road: Minor in possession of marijuana on school grounds.
3:40 am, Nicolas Drive: A subject was heavily intoxicated and found walking down the road. Subject arrested for drunk in public.
6:48 pm, Donner Pass Road: A reportedly intoxicated female subject was seen loitering in front of a business and subsequently determined to be unable to care for herself and was arrested for drunk in public.
7:45 pm, Brockway Road: A vehicle stop conducted for multiple code violations found the driver to be under the influence of a controlled substance. Subject became resistive during a field sobriety test and was arrested.
9:46 pm, Highway 89 South: Subject was heavily intoxicated and arguing with friends. Subject was arrested for drunk in public.
12:08 am: Juvenile cited and released to parents for being under the influence of a controlled substance.
12:59 am, Church Street: Subject involved in a fight was too intoxicated to give information about the fight and was arrested for drunk in public.
8:28 am: An undisclosed item was intentionally ignited in a local shopping parking lot. Report filed.
7:22 am: A driver was confused and drove down the railroad tracks and got stuck in the snow. Report filed.
10:16 am: A suspicious individual attempted to scam a victim into selling an item to him on Craigslist.
8:58 pm: A person called to report an intoxicated male subject in a lobby refusing to leave. Upon contact, the suspect was arrested for drunk in public.
9:10 pm: A physical altercation between husband and wife resulted in the husband suffering visible injury. The woman was arrested and booked for felony assault.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Crime
- Truckee Police Logs: 2 arrests in 2 days for meth possession
- North Tahoe crime logs: Screwdriver-wielding man threatens retail shop staff
- Former Tahoe fire captain gets 10 years in prison in child porn case
- Incline Village crime logs: Deputies see spike in vehicle burglaries
- Tahoe man arrested in Walmart parking lot while spray painting stolen car
- Tahoe Chief’s Corner: Too much snow can destroy your home
- Opinion: High-speed bikers making Truckee River Legacy Trail unsafe
- Fresno man killed after falling from Lake Tahoe casino
- Reno-Tahoe International Airport unveils first update of new master plan
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’