Assistant choreographer for hit series ‘Smash’ to teach at InnerRhythms in Truckee
September 19, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — InnerRhythms Dance Centre is pleased to announce two master classes, to be taught by the talented Valerie Salgado on Saturday, Sept. 28. Dancers ages 8 to 12 will have class from 10 to 11 a.m. ($20), and dancers 13 and older from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. ($25). A question and answer session with Salgado will be held from 12:30 to 1 p.m.
In addition to her acclaimed work for “Smash,” Salgado’s incredible resumé includes Off-Broadway, Bunty Berman Presents, Broadway-bound workshop of Bull Durham the Musical, BC/EFA’s 2008 Gypsy of the Year opening number, associate choreographer for Josh Prince’s Broadway Dance Lab, and Bright Lights Big City (for Marymount Manhattan College).
Salgado was the original choreographer for the musical Helen on 86th Street at the Chernuchin Theatre, and she has also choreographed for the Rutgers Dance Team.
Her favorite performing credits include “I’ll Be Damned” at the Vineyard, numerous productions of “West Side Story”, and concert dance in both California and New York. Salgado received her classical dance training at Le Studio in Pasadena, Calif., under the direction of Philip and Charles Fuller, and has a bachelor’s in dance from the University of California, Irvine.
For more information, call 530-550-8464 or email email@example.com
InnerRhythms Dance Centre is located at12047 Donner Pass Road in Truckee.
Trending In: Education
- Emptied Van Norden Reservoir gives students unique research opportunity
- Sierra Nevada College honors Truckee native Jason Paladino
- Truckee native, SNC Tahoe grad Jason Paladino uncovers truth of troubled Navy program in wake of Brian Collins’ death
- Give Back Tahoe: Sierra Senior Services strives for senior success
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)