Books, magic and more at Kings Beach Library
July 2, 2013
KINGS BEACH, Calif. — The Kings Beach Library's annual "4th of July Book Sale" is happening. The Library is open for business on July 3-6, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. New donations are accepted throughout the sale, so every day there will be new and exciting items. They love donations — especially the latest popular fiction.
On July 3 and 4 enjoy face painting and games for children, so drop by and support this fundraiser for the "little local public library!"
Let the summer fun continue with the Kings Beach Library's twice monthly computer classes continue every second and fourth Thursdays. Lively preschool storytime happens every Tuesday, 10:30-11 a.m. Read books, sing songs, recite nursery rhymes and more. It's always a goofy and fun time.
On July 13, Read with RUFF, a trained therapy dog who loves listening. Take your reluctant reader or avid reader and share a book with Alice the Labradoodle. July 16, a special kids' event will celebrate the library's 25th anniversary in its present location. On July 27, 1 p.m., be captivated by Marvelous Magic by Bill. On Aug. 2, 1 p.m. Puppet Art Theater will present "The Boy who Cried Wolf." On Aug. 9, 3 p.m., Wild Things! returns with a wacky and wonderful selection of rescued animals. Get your luau on Aug. 1, 4-7 p.m. at the Library Luau Extravaganza! This is the major summer event with Hula dancing, roasted pig, and more.
The Tahoe Rim Trail Association will present on the history, opportunities and future of the Rim Trail, Aug. 27, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
The KB Library is finalizing a few "Evenings by the Creek" with local talent (authors, musicians, artists). They are always looking for ways to entertain, educate and provide opportunities to the community. Please feel free to drop by the library with ideas, at Kings Beach Library, 301 Secline St. Kings Beach, or call 530-546-2021.
Trending In: Education
- Principal’s Corner: Global education key to success at KB Elementary
- Tahoe-Truckee school admins recognized for leadership
- Tahoe-Truckee school district to address ‘unprecedented number of snow days’
- Give Back Tahoe: Tahoe Truckee School of Music helps local kids
- Incline Cub Scouts hold annual Pinewood Derby to great success
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues