Come clean at Truckee High School Band fundraiser
August 27, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Support Truckee High School Band students in their fundraising efforts and get your car washed Sunday, Sept. 1, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
The inaugural Car Wash fundraiser will take place in the Dairy Queen parking lot, located at the corner of Donner Pass Road and Highway 89 south in Truckee.
A donation of $10 per car is requested.
Proceeds from this and other band fundraising efforts go toward transportation costs, lodging and meals for the band's Spring Tour and other operating costs of the band. Truckee Excellence in Music Parents' Organization (T.E.M.P.O. High) is the official THS Music Department Booster Club. TEMPO High is a nonprofit organization established in 1995, whose main goal is to support the Truckee High School Band program.
Fundraising efforts support the band and allow band students to participate in regional honor bands, workshops as well as the Spring Tour.
THS Band Spring Tour is historically a three- to four-day adventure, which allows the students to share music and joy with all kinds of people in various institutions ranging from veteran and retirement homes, children's homes and hospitals, as well as schools.
The experience teaches students life lessons about what it takes to be a musician — on the road traveling and being on tour.
Donations are accepted on-line throughout the year at the THS music department's website, thsbands.com under T.E.M.P.O. High.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Trending In: Education
- Snow days: Tahoe-Truckee schools face challenges when making the call
- Tahoe-Truckee school admins recognized for leadership
- 35th annual Incline High School crab feed set for Saturday
- Emiliano Morales takes Truckee Elementary Spelling Bee
- Incline High We the People class heading to national finals in D.C.
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Sierra Snapshots: Ice and nice on Tahoe, Donner Lake (photo slideshow)