Family Retzlaff-Huggins win the Project Grad raffle
January 14, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Project Graduation announced the winner of the 50-inch plasma television raffle.
On Friday Dec. 6, with Christmas lights glowing, light snow and music provided by the Alder Creek Middle School Band, District Superintendent Rob Leri pulled the winning ticket. And the winner is Dave Huggins.
On the Friday before Christmas, the Retzlaff-Huggins family met the donor of the television, Charlie Riley of the Truckee Home Town SEARS store, to receive delivery of their new television just in time for Christmas.
The Retzlaff-Huggins family is a big supporter of Project Graduation. They had a graduating senior, Stein, two years ago, a senior this year, Thor and a high school freshman Wolfe.
Project Graduation provides Truckee graduating seniors with a safe, sober and supervised graduation experience. The event is a drug, tobacco, and alcohol-free all-evening party for the entire class, with entertainment and dinner. During the 23-year history of the program, not one student has been injured or killed. The cost is offset by fundraisers throughout the school year, with the TV raffle earning $4,700.
Future fundraisers include the Senior Fashion Show on May 18, 2014.
Project Graduation would like to thank Charlie and Nancy Riley of Truckee Hometown Sears for the donation of the television and Randy Humphries and the Alder Creek Middle School band for helping to make the evening festive.
Trending In: Education
- Emptied Van Norden Reservoir gives students unique research opportunity
- Sierra Nevada College honors Truckee native Jason Paladino
- Truckee native, SNC Tahoe grad Jason Paladino uncovers truth of troubled Navy program in wake of Brian Collins’ death
- Give Back Tahoe: Sierra Senior Services strives for senior success
- Truckee Tahoe Ex in Ed honors donors, 2016-17 award winners
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens