Gather with Diane McCormack, ‘A Year of Remembrances … A Love Story’ author
December 2, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Friends of the Truckee Library and the town of Truckee invite the public to celebrate the publication of "A Year of Remembrances … A Love Story" on Wednesday, Dec. 11, 5:30-7 p.m. at Truckee Town Hall with author Diane McCormack.
Diane, wife of longtime resident, former Truckee Mayor, and community supporter Don McCormack will give a short presentation, answer questions, and sign copies of her just-released book about their 32 years together.
Diane's story about love, loss, grief, survival, town politics, Harley Davidsons, dog shows, and dachshunds is an ode to Don and her life with him: "An incredible human being. An observer of human nature. A leader in town politics. A teacher to some. A mentor to many. A friend to all. Especially, an incredible husband. The legacy he left is eternal."
During their years in Truckee, while Diane became active in showing her long-haired dachshunds, Don became involved in Truckee civic groups and politics — his greatest achievement being town of Truckee Mayor for two terms between 1996 and 2001.
The back cover is a tribute by Kathleen Eagan, another former Truckee Mayor, "The heartfelt story of a vibrant and adoring marriage, the deep sorrow of unexpected loss, and the will to make the most of life going forward."
"At times, my heart was too heavy to continue; tears would be falling into the keys of my laptop faster than I could wipe them off," said Diane.
The McCormacks have been strong advocates and supporters of the library and a portion of proceeds from book sales will be donated to Friends of the Truckee Library.
"A Year of Remembrances … A Love Story" was published by Jack Bacon & Company in Reno, Nev.
Refreshments will be served at the signing, and everyone is welcome.
Trending In: Education
- Lip-synch fundraiser for Incline schools takes the stage this weekend
- School Readiness — what does it mean for Tahoe-Truckee students?
- Incline Cub Scouts hold annual Pinewood Derby to great success
- Tahoe-Truckee schools honored for drug, alcohol prevention efforts
- Truckee High’s La Fuerza Latina program helps students reach potential
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- After 15 years of missed reviews, Truckee assessing Martis Valley Quarry
- Truckee ski-snowboard company launches Kickstarter campaign to expand
- Suicide prevention at Tahoe: Eating healthy key to positive mental health