Gather with Diane McCormack, ‘A Year of Remembrances … A Love Story’ author
December 2, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Friends of the Truckee Library and the town of Truckee invite the public to celebrate the publication of “A Year of Remembrances … A Love Story” on Wednesday, Dec. 11, 5:30-7 p.m. at Truckee Town Hall with author Diane McCormack.
Diane, wife of longtime resident, former Truckee Mayor, and community supporter Don McCormack will give a short presentation, answer questions, and sign copies of her just-released book about their 32 years together.
Diane’s story about love, loss, grief, survival, town politics, Harley Davidsons, dog shows, and dachshunds is an ode to Don and her life with him: “An incredible human being. An observer of human nature. A leader in town politics. A teacher to some. A mentor to many. A friend to all. Especially, an incredible husband. The legacy he left is eternal.”
During their years in Truckee, while Diane became active in showing her long-haired dachshunds, Don became involved in Truckee civic groups and politics — his greatest achievement being town of Truckee Mayor for two terms between 1996 and 2001.
The back cover is a tribute by Kathleen Eagan, another former Truckee Mayor, “The heartfelt story of a vibrant and adoring marriage, the deep sorrow of unexpected loss, and the will to make the most of life going forward.”
“At times, my heart was too heavy to continue; tears would be falling into the keys of my laptop faster than I could wipe them off,” said Diane.
The McCormacks have been strong advocates and supporters of the library and a portion of proceeds from book sales will be donated to Friends of the Truckee Library.
“A Year of Remembrances … A Love Story” was published by Jack Bacon & Company in Reno, Nev.
Refreshments will be served at the signing, and everyone is welcome.
Trending In: Education
- Emptied Van Norden Reservoir gives students unique research opportunity
- Sierra Nevada College honors Truckee native Jason Paladino
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Guiding your grief: Tahoe’s Kim Bateman explores how we can keep loving a person who’s no longer there (VIDEO)
- Squaw Valley Academy to open Bay Area campus
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway