Give Back Tahoe: Sierra Senior Services strives for senior success
October 19, 2016
Aging is a process that we all share. Do you know that seniors represent over 20% of Truckee/North Lake Tahoe Area's population? Or that currently, California ranks 18th nationally in senior hunger? In other words, we have seniors in our community who do worry about their next meal.
For the past 15 years, Sierra Senior Services, the local Meals on Wheels provider, has enabled seniors in our community to age strong and live long thanks to a daily home-delivered hot meal. Last year alone, our agency provided over 38,000 meals to at-risk seniors who otherwise might have gone to bed hungry.
Today more than ever seniors need champions. You, too, can deliver a difference by offering your time as a volunteer. Or consider a monetary donation to support our commercial kitchen equipment and its ongoing maintenance. Stoves, ice machines, steam tables and refrigerators play a key role in our ability to provide daily, freshly prepared, quality food to local seniors in need.
It takes a functional kitchen and a caring community to keep our Meals on Wheels rolling!
Call (530) 550-7600 or go to http://www.sierraseniors.org to find out more about giving the gift of your time on behalf of frail seniors in our community.
Please join us in celebrating aging. Because it's our community. Our seniors. Our commitment.
Trending In: Education
- Principal’s Corner: Exciting changes in store for Truckee High School
- ‘Classroom of the Future’ becoming a reality
- Celebrating homeschooling as a viable option in Incline Village
- Eagle Scout project for SNC Tahoe bike repair station seeks funding
- Guiding your grief: Tahoe’s Kim Bateman explores how we can keep loving a person who’s no longer there (VIDEO)