Glide into gourmet grazing at Tahoe Cross Country Center
February 26, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Get ready for a lip smack’n, back slap’n, blood pump’n, toe tap’n grand afternoon at the 13th Annual Gourmet Ski Tour.
On Sunday, March 9, beginning at 12:30 p.m., chefs from Bridgetender, Christy Hill, Jake’s on the Lake, Lanza’s, Mamasake, Men Wielding Fire, Chef Ron, Sugar Pine Cakery, Sunnyside, Tahoe House Bakery, Uncommon Kitchen and Wolfdale’s will excite your taste buds with savory and sweet treats during the 13th Annual Gourmet Ski Tour.
For two hours the meadow above Tahoe Cross Country Ski Area is filled with hungry gliders and striders, leisurely traveling around a free form food course. There is no need to be an expert skier to participate. Beginners may rent skis or snowshoes at the ski shop inside the lodge.
In addition to scrumptious food, there will be wine tasting by Truckee River Winery, beer tasting by Deschutes Brewery, and coffee from Coffee Connexion.
Following the feast, Tahoe Cross Country will feature music by Sneaky Creatures, a band full of surprises — a little gypsy jazz, country rock, folk and swing — providing no excuses, no chance but to get out and dance.
When the band takes a break the “Wild, Wild, Wild West” themed costume contest will be judged.
The Gourmet Ski Tour is the major fundraiser for the Tahoe Cross Country Ski Education Foundation, a nonprofit group supporting young skiers who participate in the Strider Glider program, free Skiing for Schools program, the middle and high school ski teams and the Winter Discovery Center.
This fun and tasty event will go on no matter what Mother Nature decides to serve up in the weather department.
Purchase tickets soon for this popular community event; cost is $40 general admission. Children under 13 years of age can eat free at the mobile barbecue.
Trending In: Education
- Squaw Valley Community of Writers offers scholarships for locals
- Incline Cub Scouts hold annual Pinewood Derby to great success
- Principal’s Corner: What Lakers want you to know about North Tahoe High
- Tahoe-Truckee school admins recognized for leadership
- Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Exploring the ‘deep web’ of the internet
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village