Humphreys wins Rotary Club of Tahoe City Music Contest
April 1, 2013
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On Tuesday, March 19, the Rotary Club of Tahoe City hosted its 10th annual high school Music Contest at the Granlibakken Resort. Six musicians from North Tahoe High School competed. Dean Nordby, the North Tahoe High music director, sent the talented group to the competition. The participants included Ryan Heisinger, playing trombone; Logan McDonald, playing trumpet; John Humphreys, playing bass trombone; Grace Lindemann, playing clarinet; Zoe Thompson, playing clarinet; and Shasta Tresan playing tenor saxophone.
The competition resulted in a very close contest as judged by local adjudicators Shauna Righellis and Lena Meyer. John Humphreys took first place honors, Shasta Tresan placed second and Grace Lindemann placed third. Cash prizes were awarded to the top three finishers. All contestants received certificates of merit for their performances.
Humphreys and Tresan, from the Tahoe City competition, will advance to the Rotary Area Contest on April 16, 4 p.m., at the North Tahoe High auditorium. They will compete with the top finishers from the Incline Village and Truckee Rotary competitions.
The Rotary Area Speech Contest will be held prior to the music contest.
The winner of the Area Contest will advance to the Rotary District Championship at John Ascuaga’s Nugget in Sparks, Nev. on May 18 at 2:30 p.m. Cash prizes of $1,000, $750 and $500 will be awarded to the first, second and third place finishers. The Rotary District 5190 now encompasses 56 Rotary clubs in Northeastern California and Northern Nevada.
Trending In: Education
- Students represent Tahoe-Truckee schools at Honor Band
- Principal’s Corner: Success at Sierra Expeditionary Learning School
- Chimney Beach field trip touts importance of Tahoe environment
- Give Back Tahoe Giving Guide: Making giving back a family affair
- Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Bidding farewell to a great librarian
- Sierra history: The legacy of Donner Ski Ranch, an 80-year-old resort rebel
- Whoops! Accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- I-80 wrecks: If you thought there were more than usual at Floriston, you’re right
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)
- Evidence heard in April murder of woman near Truckee