Incline’s We The People class takes Nevada state title
February 5, 2014
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Incline High School's government class shined Saturday at the Nevada State Legislative Building in Carson City, winning four of six units en route to the 2013-14 We The People Nevada state title.
The Highlanders topped seven Nevada schools in the state competition, including the likes of Bishop Gorman, Carson and Reno high schools. Incline will represent Nevada on April 25 at George Mason University in Fairfax, Va., in the national We The People competition.
We The People is the most extensive education program in the country based on the principles and values embodied in Constitution and Bill of Rights. Learn more at new.civiced.org/programs/wtp.
The 2013-14 class taught by Milt Hyams features Torii Baker, Marcella Collins, Maddie Findlen, Abigail Floam, Misha Gehring, Mariposa Gollery, Mia Harbaugh, James Larson, Caroline May, Jack Miller, Sophia Mourelatos, Elise Nelson, Sam Reber, Kenny Savelieff, Kerrie Tonking, Evan Vomund and Sarah Wright.
Incline last won the Nevada state title during the 2011-12 school year.
Trending In: Education
- Lake Tahoe weather: Floriston, Highway 89 areas still may be down until Saturday
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week