Lindemann earns Musician of the Month
March 25, 2014
TAHOE, Calif. — Grace Lindemann, a junior at North Tahoe High School, was announced as Tahoe Music Institute’s Musician of the Month for March 2014.
She was nominated by her clarinet teacher Shauna Righellis because of her exceptional commitment to musical study and achievement playing the clarinet. According to Righellis, “It is a privilege to work with Grace. She brings a fun attitude to every lesson and genuinely wants to learn how to be an accomplished clarinet player.”
Whether performing a classical clarinet solo at a recital, playing clarinet in a chamber group or rocking the house with a tenor sax jazz solo, Lindemann plays with heartfelt musical sensitivity.
“Grace goes above and beyond what is expected of her. She jumps into all musical challenges feet first and always shows appreciation for musical learning,” said Righellis. “She is one of the few students I’ve had over the years who has kept me on my toes and been able to dig deeper than the notes and rhythms on the page. She plays with great sincerity and has an ear for bringing out the musical phrases.”
Lindemann has proven herself a very passionate and devoted young musician by participating in nearly every musical activity the Tahoe area has to offer.
“Music has always been a huge part of my life. Playing the clarinet at TMI is a great way for me to apply and challenge myself through competitions and performances,” said Lindemann.
For the last several years she has competed in the Tahoe City Rotary Solo Competitions, been selected for the Sierra College, Region V, Capital and Northern California Honor Bands, been selected as a member of the Reno Youth Symphony Orchestra, and most recently performed the solo clarinet parts at the Northern California Honor Band at Sonoma State in February.
Locally, see her perform with the North Tahoe High School Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band.
Grace has been studying music with Shauna Righellis since the Tahoe Music Institute opened in the fall of 2010. Tahoe Music Institute is located at 2810 Lake Forest Road in Tahoe City.
For information about the school or lessons call 530-581-0618 or visit http://www.tahoemusicinstitute.com.
Trending In: Education
- Emptied Van Norden Reservoir gives students unique research opportunity
- Sierra Nevada College honors Truckee native Jason Paladino
- Truckee native, SNC Tahoe grad Jason Paladino uncovers truth of troubled Navy program in wake of Brian Collins’ death
- Give Back Tahoe: Sierra Senior Services strives for senior success
- Truckee Tahoe Ex in Ed honors donors, 2016-17 award winners
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens