Reading rocks in Tahoe Truckee
October 29, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Join the next Tahoe Truckee Reads Meeting on Thursday, Nov. 14, 4-5:30 p.m., at the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District board room, 11603 Donner Pass Road in Truckee.
The Tahoe Truckee Reads steering committee has continued to meet regularly to implement the award-winning literacy plan that was created. Strategies focus on school readiness, summer learning loss and absenteeism. This meeting will focus on school attendance and increasing literacy in current community programming as well as update the community on campaign efforts. For more information contact Laura Brown, Excellence in Education Foundation at 530-550-7984 or email@example.com. Tahoe Truckee Reads had a booth at Truckee’s Annual Big Truck Day event on Saturday, Oct. 5. Hundreds of books, bookmarks and information were given to families who came by to visit Tahoe Truckee Reads!
CHILD DEVELOPMENT MINI CONFERENCE NOV. 2
“Storytelling with Children — How Stories Feed the Growing Brain,” is a half-day child development conference, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. to be held on Saturday, Nov. 2 at Kings Beach Elementary School.
The focus is on the art of storytelling. Parents and educators of children birth through first grade are encouraged to attend.
The conference is $10 and includes national presenters, local educators, free child care, breakfast buffet and a goody bag with storytelling tools and resources.
For more information or to sign up please contact Ruth Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Olga Loya, a National storyteller, performance artist, writer and teacher and a recent recipient of the National Network of Storytellers 2013 Oracle Award in The Circle of Excellence. She will be presenting the conference keynote address.
Trending In: Education
- Give Back Tahoe: $384,000 to local projects that drive community impact
- Tahoe Truckee Unified School District implements culture of conservation
- Sierra Nevada College honors Truckee native Jason Paladino
- Squaw Valley Academy to open Bay Area campus
- Truckee native, SNC Tahoe grad Jason Paladino uncovers truth of troubled Navy program in wake of Brian Collins’ death
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump