Record-high Tahoe temperatures possible next week
June 27, 2013
Temperatures throughout the greater Truckee/North Tahoe region are expected to soar heading into next week.
Record highs are possible, according to the National Weather Service in Reno, which forecasts a high of 89 on Friday in Truckee, and highs of 90, 92 and 93 on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, respectively.
For Tahoe City, high temperatures for Friday-Monday are expected in the mid- to upper-80s. Sunny skies and minimal cloud coverage also are in the forecast.
“Temperatures will be uncomfortably warm in the Sierra … the risk of heat-related illness will increase from Friday through Wednesday,” NWS reports. “Children, the elderly and people with chronic ailments are the most susceptible…”
Down the hill, the sweltering weather is expected to bring highs of up to 105 degrees in Reno and 108 in Sacramento by Monday and Tuesday.
— Staff report
Trending In: Education
- Truckee Tahoe Ex in Ed honors donors, 2016-17 award winners
- Tahoe-Truckee Excellence in Education: 30 years of effecting change
- Give Back Tahoe: Sierra Senior Services strives for senior success
- Give Back Tahoe: How unlike-minded people can change the world
- Give Back Tahoe: Truckee Tahoe Community Chorus prepares for holiday concert series
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 6 inches of snow reported at high elevations Monday
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck