Record-high Tahoe temperatures possible next week
June 27, 2013
Temperatures throughout the greater Truckee/North Tahoe region are expected to soar heading into next week.
Record highs are possible, according to the National Weather Service in Reno, which forecasts a high of 89 on Friday in Truckee, and highs of 90, 92 and 93 on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, respectively.
For Tahoe City, high temperatures for Friday-Monday are expected in the mid- to upper-80s. Sunny skies and minimal cloud coverage also are in the forecast.
“Temperatures will be uncomfortably warm in the Sierra … the risk of heat-related illness will increase from Friday through Wednesday,” NWS reports. “Children, the elderly and people with chronic ailments are the most susceptible…”
Down the hill, the sweltering weather is expected to bring highs of up to 105 degrees in Reno and 108 in Sacramento by Monday and Tuesday.
— Staff report
Trending In: Education
- Glass Half Full: Firm, fair and funny — that’s what our kids need from us
- Chimney Beach field trip touts importance of Tahoe environment
- Principal’s Corner: Sweet success at Sierra Expeditionary Learning School
- Truckee teens working behind the scenes to propel community theater
- Christmas tree lot sales benefit youth
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell
- Restoration group forms to improve Lake Tahoe’s West Shore