Record-high Tahoe temperatures possible next week
June 27, 2013
Temperatures throughout the greater Truckee/North Tahoe region are expected to soar heading into next week.
Record highs are possible, according to the National Weather Service in Reno, which forecasts a high of 89 on Friday in Truckee, and highs of 90, 92 and 93 on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, respectively.
For Tahoe City, high temperatures for Friday-Monday are expected in the mid- to upper-80s. Sunny skies and minimal cloud coverage also are in the forecast.
"Temperatures will be uncomfortably warm in the Sierra … the risk of heat-related illness will increase from Friday through Wednesday," NWS reports. "Children, the elderly and people with chronic ailments are the most susceptible…"
Down the hill, the sweltering weather is expected to bring highs of up to 105 degrees in Reno and 108 in Sacramento by Monday and Tuesday.
— Staff report
Trending In: Education
- Principal’s Corner: Global education key to success at KB Elementary
- Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: March is Women’s History Month
- Classes — free and paid — set for fall for infants, toddlers in Truckee
- Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Combine art and creativity at the library
- Challenger Learning Center inspires Tahoe-Truckee fifth-graders
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Former Lake Tahoe commissioner: Maybe new person ‘will have more luck’
- Opinion: Placer County is squandering Lake Tahoe’s public assets
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie