Record-high Tahoe temperatures possible next week
June 27, 2013
Temperatures throughout the greater Truckee/North Tahoe region are expected to soar heading into next week.
Record highs are possible, according to the National Weather Service in Reno, which forecasts a high of 89 on Friday in Truckee, and highs of 90, 92 and 93 on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, respectively.
For Tahoe City, high temperatures for Friday-Monday are expected in the mid- to upper-80s. Sunny skies and minimal cloud coverage also are in the forecast.
“Temperatures will be uncomfortably warm in the Sierra … the risk of heat-related illness will increase from Friday through Wednesday,” NWS reports. “Children, the elderly and people with chronic ailments are the most susceptible…”
Down the hill, the sweltering weather is expected to bring highs of up to 105 degrees in Reno and 108 in Sacramento by Monday and Tuesday.
— Staff report
Trending In: Education
- Seventh-graders donate medieval exhibits to KidZone
- Café de Conversacion gatherings in Incline bring community together
- Tahoe-Truckee education: Avoiding winter meltdowns with children
- Tension over physical education program funding reveals larger problems at Incline Elementary School
- Principal’s Corner: Success at Sierra Expeditionary Learning School
- Lake Tahoe weather: Are you ready for round three of snow and wind?
- Tahoe City woman, 43, killed after tree crushes Subaru (updated)
- Trio of Tahoe-Truckee ski companies stomping their claim in the Sierra
- Tahoe power outages: Floriston, Tahoma areas back online (updated)
- Reno-Tahoe flooding, snow, road closures hinder transportation industry