Salvaged in Tahoe City offering art classes for all
August 6, 2013
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Salvaged, the newest art cooperative in Tahoe City, announced a roster of August art classes based on demand for children and adults.
Taught by artists and cofounders Alissa Morganti and Renee Koijane, the classes will be held in both the backyard outdoor space and inside gallery, each offering a creative and inspiring setting.
For kids, Alissa Morganti will offer two different classes. The first is a Makers’ Class on Wednesdays, Aug. 7, 14 and 21, 2-3:30 p.m. designed for ages 10 to 14. A range of fiber art techniques including collage, sewing, needle felting and batik will be explored in the inside gallery space. Then, on Thursdays, Aug. 8, 15 and 22, Morganti will teach an Art Explorers class, 1-4 p.m. for ages 5 to 9. This in an outdoor class setting where students will make journals, take hikes and find inspiration to create unusual and creative prints and landscapes from nature. Pastel, charcoal and watercolors will be used. Young ones may sign up for one or all three classes; each costing $25 with materials included.
Alissa Morganti will also offer an Adult Open Studio night each Thursday, 6-8 p.m., in August. Salvaged provides the materials, space and inspiration — an opportunity for camaraderie and creativity in a peaceful setting painting or sketching. This class is $25 per session and participants are encouraged only to bring their own beverages.
Finally, an Adults’ Guided Oil Painting Class is offered by Renee Koijane. Designed as a three-day session, this class allows participants to explore the process of oil painting on a 12-inch by 12-inch box frame canvas. Basic painting and composition skills will be explored as the class paints one still life subject over the course of three sessions, Aug. 14, 21 and 28, 6-8 p.m. Cost is $95 for the session; materials included.
Located at 585 West Lake Blvd. in Tahoe City next to the Pet Station, in addition to art classes, Salvaged offers artwork and repurposed items including textiles such as quilts, totes and aprons, jewelry, paintings, furniture, art supplies and gifts for all ages. Salvaged is open in August, Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. For more details and to book a class, click here or call 530-583-1025.
Trending In: Education
- Principal’s Corner: Success at Sierra Expeditionary Learning School
- Students represent Tahoe-Truckee schools at Honor Band
- Chimney Beach field trip touts importance of Tahoe environment
- Give Back Tahoe Giving Guide: Making giving back a family affair
- Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Bidding farewell to a great librarian
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)
- Opinion: Risk of catastrophic fire at Lake Tahoe just got worse
- Whoops! Backhoe accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Evidence heard in April murder of woman near Truckee