Salvaged in Tahoe City offering art classes for all
August 6, 2013
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Salvaged, the newest art cooperative in Tahoe City, announced a roster of August art classes based on demand for children and adults.
Taught by artists and cofounders Alissa Morganti and Renee Koijane, the classes will be held in both the backyard outdoor space and inside gallery, each offering a creative and inspiring setting.
For kids, Alissa Morganti will offer two different classes. The first is a Makers' Class on Wednesdays, Aug. 7, 14 and 21, 2-3:30 p.m. designed for ages 10 to 14. A range of fiber art techniques including collage, sewing, needle felting and batik will be explored in the inside gallery space. Then, on Thursdays, Aug. 8, 15 and 22, Morganti will teach an Art Explorers class, 1-4 p.m. for ages 5 to 9. This in an outdoor class setting where students will make journals, take hikes and find inspiration to create unusual and creative prints and landscapes from nature. Pastel, charcoal and watercolors will be used. Young ones may sign up for one or all three classes; each costing $25 with materials included.
Alissa Morganti will also offer an Adult Open Studio night each Thursday, 6-8 p.m., in August. Salvaged provides the materials, space and inspiration — an opportunity for camaraderie and creativity in a peaceful setting painting or sketching. This class is $25 per session and participants are encouraged only to bring their own beverages.
Finally, an Adults' Guided Oil Painting Class is offered by Renee Koijane. Designed as a three-day session, this class allows participants to explore the process of oil painting on a 12-inch by 12-inch box frame canvas. Basic painting and composition skills will be explored as the class paints one still life subject over the course of three sessions, Aug. 14, 21 and 28, 6-8 p.m. Cost is $95 for the session; materials included.
Located at 585 West Lake Blvd. in Tahoe City next to the Pet Station, in addition to art classes, Salvaged offers artwork and repurposed items including textiles such as quilts, totes and aprons, jewelry, paintings, furniture, art supplies and gifts for all ages. Salvaged is open in August, Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. For more details and to book a class, click here or call 530-583-1025.
Trending In: Education
- Principal’s Corner: Global education key to success at KB Elementary
- Tahoe-Truckee school admins recognized for leadership
- Incline Cub Scouts hold annual Pinewood Derby to great success
- Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Learn to code at the library
- Incline High We the People class heading to national finals in D.C.
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues