Squaw Valley Academy to open Bay Area campus
July 19, 2016
OLYMPIC VALLEY, Calif. — Squaw Valley Academy, a private college-preparatory high school in Olympic Valley, is pleased to announce the opening of a second campus location in Livermore, Calif.
The new campus will be called Squaw Valley Academy Bay Area, and will open its doors starting Fall Semester 2016.
Effective July 2016, Squaw Valley Academy is owned and operated by new management, and this new team will oversee the launch of SVA's new Bay Area campus.
Plans will leverage the key strengths and reputation of Squaw Valley Academy, while utilizing new assets of the Bay Area location.
Squaw Valley Academy will retain key players within its internal management team — William "Bill" Grant has been promoted to Head of School, and Paul Otis has been promoted to Assistant Headmaster.
Squaw Valley Academy (which first opened its doors 39 years ago) and the new campus will continue to offer top notch academics in a private school setting — smaller class sizes, lower teacher-to-student ratios, rigorous college preparation curricula and highly skilled and supportive faculties.
Recommended Stories For You
Squaw Valley Academy Bay Area is designed to combine the top-notch academic experience of Squaw Valley Academy with the stimulation and innovation of the Bay Area.
Designed as a progressive and inclusive global learning community, Squaw Valley Academy Bay Area will provide high academically performing students from all over the world with a fully collaborative, yet individualized learning environment.
The new Livermore campus will feature cooperative facilities and program sharing resources with the adjacent Livermore Valley Charter Prep High School and nearby Las Positas College.
A broad range of creative and performing arts, sports programs and extracurricular activities will be offered as well as the cultural enrichment of the international community.
Inaugural class scholarships are available, and admission is selective based on previous academic achievement.
This article was provided by Squaw Valley Academy. Visit sva.org to learn more and to access applications.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Education
- One elementary science teacher in Truckee was selected to study cutting-edge space exploration
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- $55 million renovation project well underway at Truckee High
- Young Incline scientists head to state regionals
- 6 ways to winterize your Lake Tahoe home – IVGID Tip
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows invests $4 million into snow safety
- New company creates a way for skiers to wear snowboard boots with skis
- Impending storm prompts closure of Sierra passes
- Nevada prison-raised sagebrush seedlings ready to be planted in burned areas