Students to perform at music contest
March 12, 2014
The Rotary Club of Incline Village is hosting its annual Rotary Music Contest, open to all high school-age instrumental performers from the immediate area (Kings Beach and Incline).
This is the "club" level of the competition. There are cash prizes for first ($100), second ($75) and third ($50) place.
The winner moves on to the "area" competition in Truckee on April 22, featuring club winners from Truckee, Tahoe City and Incline. The winner of that contest goes to the district contest on May 17 for a chance at a $1,000 first-place prize.
This year, the contest will take place at the Mark Twain Cultural Center on Thursday, March 27, at 7 p.m. There, contestants will get a feel for performing for an audience on a stage in a performance venue. The event is free.
The Rotary Club is including a voice competition this year, with the same prizes, open to middle and high school-age contestants.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Education
- Researchers discover three new toad species in Nevada’s Great Basin
- Truckee Donner Land Trust and Nature Conservancy secure another piece of the Sierra
- Former Truckee officer charged with multiple counts of assault
- Clearly Tahoe offers new perspective of Lake Tahoe with clear kayaks
- Detwiler Fire Update: 76,500 acres burned in Mariposa County; 50 percent containment