Suicide Prevention Task Force meeting Tuesday in Truckee
October 17, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Suicide Prevention Task Force will meet Tuesday, Oct. 22, from 6-8 p.m. at the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District office at 11603 Donner Pass Road in Truckee.
At the last meeting, the group identified prevention education as one of their key areas of need, so part of the agenda of Tuesday's meeting will focus on rolling out a prevention campaign called "Know the Signs," according to a statement from the district.
The Know the Signs campaign is part of statewide efforts to prevent suicide, reduce stigma and discrimination related to mental illness, and to promote the mental health and wellness of students, officials said.
These initiatives are funded by the Mental Health Services Act (Prop 63) and administered by the California Mental Health Services Authority, an organization of county governments working to improve mental health outcomes for individuals, families and communities.
The task force plans to mobilize community members to provide training and spread campaign materials throughout Tahoe/Truckee. Contact Corine Harvey at email@example.com if you have questions.
Trending In: Education
- Principal’s Corner: Global education key to success at KB Elementary
- Tahoe-Truckee school admins recognized for leadership
- Snow days: Tahoe-Truckee schools face challenges when making the call
- 35th annual Incline High School crab feed set for Saturday
- Emiliano Morales takes Truckee Elementary Spelling Bee
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Crews to cut power for hour at Martis Camp, Schaffer’s Mill, other locations due to dangerous tree
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week