Suicide Prevention Task Force meeting Tuesday in Truckee
October 17, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Suicide Prevention Task Force will meet Tuesday, Oct. 22, from 6-8 p.m. at the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District office at 11603 Donner Pass Road in Truckee.
At the last meeting, the group identified prevention education as one of their key areas of need, so part of the agenda of Tuesday’s meeting will focus on rolling out a prevention campaign called “Know the Signs,” according to a statement from the district.
The Know the Signs campaign is part of statewide efforts to prevent suicide, reduce stigma and discrimination related to mental illness, and to promote the mental health and wellness of students, officials said.
These initiatives are funded by the Mental Health Services Act (Prop 63) and administered by the California Mental Health Services Authority, an organization of county governments working to improve mental health outcomes for individuals, families and communities.
The task force plans to mobilize community members to provide training and spread campaign materials throughout Tahoe/Truckee. Contact Corine Harvey at email@example.com if you have questions.
Trending In: Education
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- After fatal accidents, Tahoe runaway truck ramp project is complete
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell
- Squaw Valley issues statement on upper mountain water quality
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses