Swing in to ‘40s Night’ with North Tahoe High School Jazz Band
March 2, 2014
TAHOE, Calif. — North Tahoe High School Jazz Band will bring the swing era 40s Night fundraiser to the North Tahoe Event Center in Kings Beach on March 7, 7-9 p.m.
Dance the night away to sounds of the Big Band greats like Gene Krupa, Glenn Miller and the Dorsey boys. Enjoy hors d’oeuvres and a no host bar of beer and wine. Tickets are $25 each and tables for 10 cost $200.
All proceeds benefit the students Good Will Tour, where they play music for retirement homes, assisted living facilities, special needs schools and elementary schools. Students travel for three days and provide people with 10 free concerts.
Space is limited to 210 seats and tickets are selling fast. Contact Dean Nordby at 530-581-7000, ext. 4125 or contact any Jazz Band member.
Tickets (if available) will be at the door as well.
Trending In: Education
- Squaw Valley Community of Writers offers scholarships for locals
- Incline Cub Scouts hold annual Pinewood Derby to great success
- Principal’s Corner: What Lakers want you to know about North Tahoe High
- Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Exploring the ‘deep web’ of the internet
- Tahoe-Truckee school admins recognized for leadership
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village