Swing in to ‘40s Night’ with North Tahoe High School Jazz Band
March 2, 2014
TAHOE, Calif. — North Tahoe High School Jazz Band will bring the swing era 40s Night fundraiser to the North Tahoe Event Center in Kings Beach on March 7, 7-9 p.m.
Dance the night away to sounds of the Big Band greats like Gene Krupa, Glenn Miller and the Dorsey boys. Enjoy hors d’oeuvres and a no host bar of beer and wine. Tickets are $25 each and tables for 10 cost $200.
All proceeds benefit the students Good Will Tour, where they play music for retirement homes, assisted living facilities, special needs schools and elementary schools. Students travel for three days and provide people with 10 free concerts.
Space is limited to 210 seats and tickets are selling fast. Contact Dean Nordby at 530-581-7000, ext. 4125 or contact any Jazz Band member.
Tickets (if available) will be at the door as well.
Trending In: Education
- Give Back Tahoe: $384,000 to local projects that drive community impact
- Tahoe Truckee Unified School District implements culture of conservation
- Sierra Nevada College honors Truckee native Jason Paladino
- Sierra Nevada College’s Lynn Gillette out as president (updated)
- Squaw Valley Academy to open Bay Area campus
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump