Swing in to ‘40s Night’ with North Tahoe High School Jazz Band
March 2, 2014
TAHOE, Calif. — North Tahoe High School Jazz Band will bring the swing era 40s Night fundraiser to the North Tahoe Event Center in Kings Beach on March 7, 7-9 p.m.
Dance the night away to sounds of the Big Band greats like Gene Krupa, Glenn Miller and the Dorsey boys. Enjoy hors d'oeuvres and a no host bar of beer and wine. Tickets are $25 each and tables for 10 cost $200.
All proceeds benefit the students Good Will Tour, where they play music for retirement homes, assisted living facilities, special needs schools and elementary schools. Students travel for three days and provide people with 10 free concerts.
Space is limited to 210 seats and tickets are selling fast. Contact Dean Nordby at 530-581-7000, ext. 4125 or contact any Jazz Band member.
Tickets (if available) will be at the door as well.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Education
- Truckee police: Man allegedly drugged victim, raped her
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (video)
- Fernley’s game-winning touchdown drive upends Truckee comeback
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse