Swing in to ‘40s Night’ with North Tahoe High School Jazz Band
March 2, 2014
TAHOE, Calif. — North Tahoe High School Jazz Band will bring the swing era 40s Night fundraiser to the North Tahoe Event Center in Kings Beach on March 7, 7-9 p.m.
Dance the night away to sounds of the Big Band greats like Gene Krupa, Glenn Miller and the Dorsey boys. Enjoy hors d'oeuvres and a no host bar of beer and wine. Tickets are $25 each and tables for 10 cost $200.
All proceeds benefit the students Good Will Tour, where they play music for retirement homes, assisted living facilities, special needs schools and elementary schools. Students travel for three days and provide people with 10 free concerts.
Space is limited to 210 seats and tickets are selling fast. Contact Dean Nordby at 530-581-7000, ext. 4125 or contact any Jazz Band member.
Tickets (if available) will be at the door as well.
Trending In: Education
- $60K sought to send Incline High class to national competition in D.C.
- New site admin named to lead Incline High School
- Truckee High’s La Fuerza Latina program helps students reach potential
- Truckee, North Tahoe students participate in cadaver surgery at UNR
- $114 million in upgrades begin at Truckee-area schools
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- 250-unit apartment complex changes hands
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- Resort occupancy drops for first time since 2011-12