Swing in to ‘40s Night’ with North Tahoe High School Jazz Band
March 2, 2014
TAHOE, Calif. — North Tahoe High School Jazz Band will bring the swing era 40s Night fundraiser to the North Tahoe Event Center in Kings Beach on March 7, 7-9 p.m.
Dance the night away to sounds of the Big Band greats like Gene Krupa, Glenn Miller and the Dorsey boys. Enjoy hors d’oeuvres and a no host bar of beer and wine. Tickets are $25 each and tables for 10 cost $200.
All proceeds benefit the students Good Will Tour, where they play music for retirement homes, assisted living facilities, special needs schools and elementary schools. Students travel for three days and provide people with 10 free concerts.
Space is limited to 210 seats and tickets are selling fast. Contact Dean Nordby at 530-581-7000, ext. 4125 or contact any Jazz Band member.
Tickets (if available) will be at the door as well.
Trending In: Education
- Principal’s Corner: Success at Sierra Expeditionary Learning School
- Students represent Tahoe-Truckee schools at Honor Band
- Chimney Beach field trip touts importance of Tahoe environment
- Give Back Tahoe Giving Guide: Making giving back a family affair
- Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Bidding farewell to a great librarian
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)
- Opinion: Risk of catastrophic fire at Lake Tahoe just got worse
- Whoops! Backhoe accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Evidence heard in April murder of woman near Truckee