Tahoe League for Charity awards grants
December 9, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — The November Tahoe League for Charity luncheon meeting was held at the Sunnyside Restaurant & Lodge. Grants totaling $4,000 were awarded to eight local nonprofit organizations.
The grant recipients were Kelly Cutler from North Tahoe Arts; Connie Nowlin from Wylie Animal Rescue Foundation; Heidi Allstead from Project MANA; Lindy Beatie from Big Brothers Big Sister; Kerry Stendahl from Tahoe Truckee Excellence in Education Foundation; Heather Segale from Tahoe Environmental Research Center; Mindy Carbajal from Boys & Girls Club of North Lake Tahoe; and Sarah Deardorff from Sierra Senior Services.
Each representative shared their mission statement and goals for using the granted funds.
The Dec. 16 monthly meeting will be a holiday luncheon held at Jake's on the Lake in Tahoe City for all members and their guests starting at 11:30 a.m.
Tahoe League for Charity is a social, philanthropic and nonprofit organization focusing on the Tahoe, Truckee and Incline areas by providing scholarships to local high school students and grants to other local nonprofit organizations.
They are a dynamic group of women committed to the community, meeting monthly with a luncheon and interesting speaker series.
Contact Joanne Domingue at firstname.lastname@example.org for grant requests and TLC membership information.
Check them out at tahoeleagueforcharity.org.
Trending In: Education
- Principal’s Corner: Global education key to success at KB Elementary
- Tahoe-Truckee school admins recognized for leadership
- Incline Cub Scouts hold annual Pinewood Derby to great success
- Incline High We the People class heading to national finals in D.C.
- Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Exploring the ‘deep web’ of the internet
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues