Tahoe League for Charity members get out and about
July 29, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Tahoe League for Charity (TLC) held its July meeting at the Boys & Girls Club of North Lake Tahoe. TLC members and guests enjoyed a tour of the facility and a delicious lunch.
Serving 1,500 youths annually, the Boys & Girls Club provides a safe, structured and positive environment for young people with life-enhancing programs, a professional staff, and daily fun activities available and affordable to all children in the community. The club is accessible before and after school, during holidays and summer vacation.
TLC has contributed $14,000 in grants to the club since it opened its doors in 1998.
Following the tour of Boys & Girls Club, TLC visited the Community House construction site to view its progress. The location will house satellite offices for Tahoe SAFE Alliance, North Tahoe Family Resource Center and Project MANA in an effort to create service integration and increase efficiency.
The next TLC luncheon meeting will be held on Aug. 12, 11:30 a.m., at Jake's on the Lake in Tahoe City's Boatworks Mall.
The August speaker will be Todd Borg, author of mystery thrillers set in the Tahoe Basin featuring detective Owen McKenna as exciting super sleuth.
Books will be available for purchase.
For lunch and speaker reservations contact Joanne Domingue at 530-546-4559.
Tahoe League for Charity (TLC) is now accepting applications for grants from community nonprofit organizations for 2013. Please send two short paragraphs, one stating the purpose of your organization, and the other stating your needs and the amount for which you are applying. Send it to Tahoe League for Charity, P.O. Box 1524, Tahoe City, CA, 96145, Attn: Grants Chair. Applications must be postmarked no later than July 31, 2013. For information contact Karynat 530-525-1342.
Check out Tahoe League for Charity at http://www.tahoeleagueforcharity.org.
Trending In: Education
- Principal’s Corner: Global education key to success at KB Elementary
- Tahoe-Truckee school admins recognized for leadership
- Incline Cub Scouts hold annual Pinewood Derby to great success
- Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Learn to code at the library
- Incline High We the People class heading to national finals in D.C.
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues