Tahoe Music Institute announces January ‘Musician of the Month’
January 20, 2014
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Tahoe Music Institute named Olivia Sproehnle as the January 2014 Musician of the Month.
Olivia has been a student at the Tahoe Music Institute since 2010 and was nominated by her guitar teacher, Kerry Andras, because she consistently shows significant improvement and is clearly committed to being a better guitar player.
“Her passion for music and the guitar is helping her to become a skillful musician. Olivia comes to her lessons regularly, is always prepared, and practices her lesson material,” said Andras. “She even goes above and beyond what is expected of her by writing her own music.”
Olivia recently performed her own song “The Best Night of Our Lives,” which was met with high praise at the Tahoe Music Institute’s Winter Recital in December.
Shauna Righellis, director of the Institute, said Olivia’s song was one the highlights of the evening and she looks forward to hearing more from her in the future.
Olivia has proven herself to be a very spirited and dedicated guitar player under the instruction of Andras. When it comes to taking lessons with Andras, Olivia saiad, “I love working with Kerry. The lessons are really fun. When I become a rock star, I’ll give him a shout out!”
Tahoe Music Institute is located at 2810 Lake Forest Road in Tahoe City. For more information about the school or lessons call 530-581-0618 or visit http://www.tahoemusicinstitute.com.
Trending In: Education
- Tahoe-Truckee school admins recognized for leadership
- Incline Cub Scouts hold annual Pinewood Derby to great success
- Glass Half Full: Relishing the joys of a hand-written note
- Squaw Valley Community of Writers offers scholarships for locals
- Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Exploring the ‘deep web’ of the internet
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village
- Lake Tahoe has seen 138.65 billion gallons of water since October