Tahoe Music Institute to offer master clarinet class
October 31, 2013
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On Saturday, Nov. 2 at 10 a.m., the Tahoe Music Institute will host a clarinet master class featuring clarinetist Dr. Justin Willsey. A doctoral graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, clarinetist Justin Willsey has performed with a variety of ensembles, including the Reno Philharmonic, Nevada Opera, and Arizona Pro Arte. He also holds two music degrees from the University of Nevada, Reno, where he has also served as an adjunct professor of music. His primary teachers include Richard MacDowell, David Ehrke, and Steven Becraft.
Dr. Willsey will coach Tahoe Music Institute clarinet students in a public forum, addressing clarinet basics and practice techniques, to creating fluidity and musical phrases. The master class is open to the public and non-clarinetists are encouraged to attend.
The cost $5 to attend. Dr. Willsey will be available to teach private lessons afterward. Call the Tahoe Music Institute at 530-581-0618 or visit http://www.tahoemusicinstitute.com for details.
Trending In: Education
- Glass Half Full: Firm, fair and funny — that’s what our kids need from us
- Give Back Tahoe Giving Guide: Empowering you to help shape your community
- Glass Half Full: Too many white vans in Incline Village
- Teaching appreciation for lifelong gratitude at Lake Tahoe
- Excellence in Education: Giving back to local youth for 30 years
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- After fatal accidents, Tahoe runaway truck ramp project is complete
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell
- Lake Tahoe food poisoning suspect faces more felony charges
- Truckee-based Coffeebar to open 4th branch at Squaw Valley