Tahoe Music Institute to offer master clarinet class
October 31, 2013
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On Saturday, Nov. 2 at 10 a.m., the Tahoe Music Institute will host a clarinet master class featuring clarinetist Dr. Justin Willsey. A doctoral graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, clarinetist Justin Willsey has performed with a variety of ensembles, including the Reno Philharmonic, Nevada Opera, and Arizona Pro Arte. He also holds two music degrees from the University of Nevada, Reno, where he has also served as an adjunct professor of music. His primary teachers include Richard MacDowell, David Ehrke, and Steven Becraft.
Dr. Willsey will coach Tahoe Music Institute clarinet students in a public forum, addressing clarinet basics and practice techniques, to creating fluidity and musical phrases. The master class is open to the public and non-clarinetists are encouraged to attend.
The cost $5 to attend. Dr. Willsey will be available to teach private lessons afterward. Call the Tahoe Music Institute at 530-581-0618 or visit http://www.tahoemusicinstitute.com for details.
Trending In: Education
- Tahoe-Truckee school admins recognized for leadership
- Incline Cub Scouts hold annual Pinewood Derby to great success
- Glass Half Full: Relishing the joys of a hand-written note
- Squaw Valley Community of Writers offers scholarships for locals
- Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Exploring the ‘deep web’ of the internet
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village
- Lake Tahoe has seen 138.65 billion gallons of water since October