Tahoe Music Institute to offer master clarinet class
October 31, 2013
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On Saturday, Nov. 2 at 10 a.m., the Tahoe Music Institute will host a clarinet master class featuring clarinetist Dr. Justin Willsey. A doctoral graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, clarinetist Justin Willsey has performed with a variety of ensembles, including the Reno Philharmonic, Nevada Opera, and Arizona Pro Arte. He also holds two music degrees from the University of Nevada, Reno, where he has also served as an adjunct professor of music. His primary teachers include Richard MacDowell, David Ehrke, and Steven Becraft.
Dr. Willsey will coach Tahoe Music Institute clarinet students in a public forum, addressing clarinet basics and practice techniques, to creating fluidity and musical phrases. The master class is open to the public and non-clarinetists are encouraged to attend.
The cost $5 to attend. Dr. Willsey will be available to teach private lessons afterward. Call the Tahoe Music Institute at 530-581-0618 or visit http://www.tahoemusicinstitute.com for details.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Education
- One elementary science teacher in Truckee was selected to study cutting-edge space exploration
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Young Incline scientists head to state regionals
- $55 million renovation project well underway at Truckee High
- Tahoe Expedition Academy names Mark Kushner as new CEO
- Impending storm prompts closure of Sierra passes
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows invests $4 million into snow safety
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Nevada prison-raised sagebrush seedlings ready to be planted in burned areas
- First snowfall of autumn in Truckee; Squaw Valley receives 3 inches (time lapse cam)