Tahoe Music Institute to offer master clarinet class
October 31, 2013
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On Saturday, Nov. 2 at 10 a.m., the Tahoe Music Institute will host a clarinet master class featuring clarinetist Dr. Justin Willsey. A doctoral graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, clarinetist Justin Willsey has performed with a variety of ensembles, including the Reno Philharmonic, Nevada Opera, and Arizona Pro Arte. He also holds two music degrees from the University of Nevada, Reno, where he has also served as an adjunct professor of music. His primary teachers include Richard MacDowell, David Ehrke, and Steven Becraft.
Dr. Willsey will coach Tahoe Music Institute clarinet students in a public forum, addressing clarinet basics and practice techniques, to creating fluidity and musical phrases. The master class is open to the public and non-clarinetists are encouraged to attend.
The cost $5 to attend. Dr. Willsey will be available to teach private lessons afterward. Call the Tahoe Music Institute at 530-581-0618 or visit http://www.tahoemusicinstitute.com for details.
Trending In: Education
- $60K sought to send Incline High class to national competition in D.C.
- New site admin named to lead Incline High School
- Truckee High’s La Fuerza Latina program helps students reach potential
- Truckee, North Tahoe students participate in cadaver surgery at UNR
- $114 million in upgrades begin at Truckee-area schools