Tahoe-Truckee district selects new Kings Beach Elementary principal
April 21, 2014
KINGS BEACH, Calif. — A new principal has been selected to lead Kings Beach Elementary School.
Tahoe Truckee Unified School District Superintendent Rob Leri plans to hire Kyle Mohagen to the position. He will take over next school year for the retiring Eileen Fahrner.
Mohagen’s hiring is pending TTUSD board of education approval; directors meet at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at the district office at 11603 Donner Pass Road in Truckee.
“I believe in the vision of TTUSD and I am excited about the opportunity to be a part of a two-way immersion school,” Mohagen said in a statement. “Also, my wife and I are outdoor enthusiasts and we are thrilled by the opportunity to be able to live in an area as nice as Lake Tahoe.”
Mohagen currently is assistant principal at Manitou Park Elementary School in Tacoma, Wash, according to a TTUSD press release. Prior, he was a dean of students at Blix Elementary School in Tacoma, a dual language Spanish/English school. His teaching experience includes grades two through five.
Mohagen is a native Californian and graduated from Piedmont High School. He earned a bachelor’s degree in economics and a master’s in teaching from the University of Puget Sound, and he earned his administrative credential from the University of Washington, Tacoma.
After a decade as principal of Kings Beach Elementary and 20 years with TTUSD, Fahrner is retiring at the end of this school year, effective June 27.
Trending In: Education
- Emptied Van Norden Reservoir gives students unique research opportunity
- Sierra Nevada College honors Truckee native Jason Paladino
- Truckee native, SNC Tahoe grad Jason Paladino uncovers truth of troubled Navy program in wake of Brian Collins’ death
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Give Back Tahoe: The Shane McConkey Foundation
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder