Tahoe-Truckee school district recognizes bus drivers
May 4, 2016
April 26 was California School Bus Drivers Appreciation Day, officially recognizing all school bus drivers for their continued and excellent services to the youth of the state.
The day is promoted by the California Association of School Transportation Officials, a professional organization that promotes safe pupil transportation and advocates for continued high standards for California's school bus drivers.
With that, the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District Board of Education passed a resolution at mid-April board meeting declaring April 26 as School Bus Drivers Day.
"Our school bus drivers are committed to ensuring safe transportation of our students each and every day and we want to recognize them for the continued excellence in serving our youth," said TTUSD Superintendent Rob Leri. "We encourage parents, school employees, and school children to recognize their school bus driver as an important part of their everyday lives."
“Our school bus drivers are committed to ensuring safe transportation of our students each and every day and we want to recognize them for the continued excellence in serving our youth.”Rob LeriTTUSD Superintendent
This article was provided by the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District. Visit ttusd.org to learn more.
Trending In: Education
- Lip-synch fundraiser for Incline schools takes the stage this weekend
- School Readiness — what does it mean for Tahoe-Truckee students?
- Tahoe-Truckee schools honored for drug, alcohol prevention efforts
- 34 years running: Incline High’s JROTC cadets earn top honors
- Truckee High’s La Fuerza Latina program helps students reach potential
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot of snow possible at high elevations Friday
- North Tahoe crime logs: Screwdriver-wielding man threatens retail shop staff
- Truckee Police Logs: 2 arrests in 2 days for meth possession
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top